It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
crookshanks

Default Why feed your cat eggs?

In another post for a recipe, eggs are included. It seems that many people never thought of feeding their cats eggs. I have known quite a few owners of those other four legged common house pets that like to chase cats who actually fed eggs, even raw, to their pets. The protein in the eggs is really good for their hair...it makes the coat shiny and the hair is healthier and stronger (you know like on that designer human shampoo commercial).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Catrancher99

I feed my cats eggs. I baste them in water in a skillet just until the whites are firm but the yolks are still soft. Then I spoon out the yolk, which is the part they like. Some cats will also eat the white, but I've read that the whites should be cooked - not raw. And yes, it does wonders for their fur. The ones who indulge in this delicacy have very shiny coats.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-27-2007   #3 (permalink)
mahakittycat

I made my kitten scrambelld eggs once he did'nt seem to like it very much. But what it does to its fur is wonderful so I agree with you.

Unread 03-11-2007   #4 (permalink)
ExCal

Never tried that before, but right now I don't think I should. Since the cat is a little bit overweight right now, and don't want to plump her up too much.

Unread 08-10-2007   #5 (permalink)
amberk1995

Smile Wow!

One morning my mom made me eggs and i left them on the table and my kitten angel jumps up and eats them all the whole plate! Cats must like them

Unread 08-20-2007   #6 (permalink)
ritchela

Yeah egg is good but never let your cats eat raw eggs. This can lead to skin and hair coat problems. Raw eggs contain an enzyme called avidin, which decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin). Raw eggs may also contain Salmonella.

Unread 12-08-2007   #7 (permalink)
boredom

How often should we feed them eggs?

Unread 12-13-2007   #8 (permalink)
aprilsruss

Red face Special food mix with eggs and carrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom View Post
How often should we feed them eggs?

I mix a can of Friskys (like Slamon Dinner) with a couple of small baby carrots (raw) and 1-2 cooked eggs. I add a spray of Braggs Liquid Amino Acids which they seam to like because it has a beefy flavor, a little powdered vitamins and some brewers yeast and flax seeds.
You can use a blender but I use the Magic Bullet. This way I just put a top on the cup I was using for mixing and keep it in the fridge. They get some in the morning every day for about 3-4 days.

I tease them telling them they are eating carrots!
Sometimes I add cooked brown rice, left over chicken or beef too.

Unread 12-29-2007   #9 (permalink)
Randis

i feed my cats yolk every weekend they love it. Well all except Moogle, he does not eat anything but his dryfood.

Unread 04-11-2008   #10 (permalink)
k8r2catz

I am going to try giving eggs to the girls. My "old man" (cat ) wont eat anything but his dry stuff. I just have to tell someone this. For a couple of years now, i've been giving Pepper some cantaloupe slices. She loves it. I hold the slice for her while she sinks her teeth into it. She'll have two or three slices at a single meal time.

Tags
animal , babies , baby , brown , care , cat , cat food , cats , color , commercial , cool , diet , dry , eating , egg , facts , fish , food , found , fur , great , happy , health , healthy , hey , house , informative , internet , kitten , kitties , kitty , love , morning , nutrition , overweight , pet , pet food , problems , profile , question , raw , search , small , tips , turkey , vomiting , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links