It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-01-2008   #11 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

All my cats eat boiled chicken they love it .I was told to try and give it raw ,I thought chicken hold alot of germs so it need to be cooked ,I thought of trying it but daren't incase they become unwell ..I have tryed them with Raw minced up beef just as a treat and they seemed to like that but haven't made a habit of giving it to them to often .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-02-2008   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Yes, better not to give them so much raw beef, I've heard it can be harmful for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)

Last edited by krzekmaya; 12-02-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-02-2008   #13 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Alot of my breeder friends give thier Mainecoons Raw but I just wouldnt like to take that chance .One of my friends changed onto Raw and her cats seem to always be sick or bad tums ..I would rather pay out good money and feed them a well balanced diet .xxx

Unread 12-02-2008   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thumbs up

I totally agree with you!

Unread 02-01-2009   #15 (permalink)
akennedyga

Thumbs up What book did you read on Raw Food for cats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanziejanelovescats View Post
I was thinking that it would be dangerous as well but after reading a book and a vet notice that reccomends them I'm a bit confused. Raw chicken is very dangerous and so are cooked bones
I have been following this on another forum about my Yorkie. My cat seems to love chicken when I cook a whole bird, she go nuts. LOL

Thanks,

Unread 02-01-2009   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

missprettyeyes is on a distinguished road

I currently feed my cats a raw diet 3 times a week ( working our way to a complete raw diet) it is actually a more species appropriate diet!Also as you may know cats are obligate carnivores and by feeding a raw diet it is closer to what a cat would eat in the wild ( beef is debatable....you wouldn't see a cat bring down a cow)lol.Cats don't get sick from raw like humans because thier digestive tracts are shorter and the time the food takes to digest is much shorter(less time in stomach + less time for bad bacteria to breed) Read up on raw diets it is really much healthier for a cat mine are all healthy,good weights full of energy bright eyes and shiny coats....there are many sites on the internet that can tell you more about a raw diet.Also wanted to add cats on raw diets tend to get uti much less often because thier diet has MUCH more fluid than a typical dry diet.And raw wings and necks are great for thier teeth too!Mine have never gotten sick from raw,nor are there any tummy issues.
Unread 02-01-2009   #17 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by che View Post
Oh yes all mine love chicken too,I wouldn't give them raw chicken though.xxxxx
MY cats love chicken also but because chicken carries so many germs I steam it for them .I know some breeders feed their cats Raw but dont know if I would want to chance it as a regular diet ,I was advised to give one of my girls raw minced beef once as she had a bad tum and to be honest it did work for her for her .

Unread 02-02-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Exclamation

Boiled or roasted chicken is Okay (without bones of course), never give them raw.

Unread 02-04-2009   #19 (permalink)
nahlaRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzekmaya View Post
I wouldn't try to give them, it is dangerous!
acutally chicken necks, when cooked, are softened and do not pose a choking hazrd, in fac tthey are very good at cleaning kittues teeth and giving them the "animal" chomping they get in nature...
OTHER boners ARE quite dangerous, but chicken necks occassionally are a great treat!
of course, all vets have varied opinions on this...but i come from a holistic school of thought....and most vets ARENT holistically aware...

Unread 02-04-2009   #20 (permalink)
nahlaRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by missprettyeyes View Post
I currently feed my cats a raw diet 3 times a week ( working our way to a complete raw diet) it is actually a more species appropriate diet!Also as you may know cats are obligate carnivores and by feeding a raw diet it is closer to what a cat would eat in the wild ( beef is debatable....you wouldn't see a cat bring down a cow)lol.Cats don't get sick from raw like humans because thier digestive tracts are shorter and the time the food takes to digest is much shorter(less time in stomach + less time for bad bacteria to breed) Read up on raw diets it is really much healthier for a cat mine are all healthy,good weights full of energy bright eyes and shiny coats....there are many sites on the internet that can tell you more about a raw diet.Also wanted to add cats on raw diets tend to get uti much less often because thier diet has MUCH more fluid than a typical dry diet.And raw wings and necks are great for thier teeth too!Mine have never gotten sick from raw,nor are there any tummy issues.
YES!!!!! what do humans think kittues on the wild did for thousands of years, and do in trhe wild today???? carry a bunson burner to cook their catch? no...theya re meant to eat RAW meat, as obligate carnivores, and their bodies are MUCH unmlike herbor omnivores in terms of being able to handle meat and its occassionally accompanying germs...short and very acidic intestines...do not allow TIME for parasites to invade, or are killed off immediately. HUMANS can get sick, but we cant apply oUR physiological concerns onto our cats...

Tags
adopted , animal , babies , birds , book , breed , breeder , breeders , car , cat , cats , changed , cleaning , cool , diet , dry , eating , eyes , food , friends , great , healthy , hey , internet , kitties , love , money , raw , shelter , sick , small , uti , vet , wild

Sponsored Cat Links