It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-03-2008   #1 (permalink)
Malinki

Lightbulb Looking for a fee good recipies

Hello,

I just adopted 2 kittens this weekend. I want to make they're food, but I'm not sure what recipes to pick. They are all different. My kittens are both 7-8 weeks old. Mostly, it's the gelatin that I'm not so sure about. Why is it used? Can I substitute something for it? Generally, I avoid food that has it included in food, such as yogurt and fruit preserves because of an amino acid it has in it called arginine, and it's gross.

If anyone has a yummy/nutritional recipe that their kitten loves, please do share it with me.
Thanks!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-04-2008   #2 (permalink)
courtneylovescats

Well my cat Katie loves anything really especially chicken and fish so i give her a mixture of fish and i give her some cat food but since yours are kittens you could buy them some kitten food like cod and prawn tuna , beef , lamb and they should love it hope this helps

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
Malinki

I bought Newman's own natural kitten food and IAMS dry food (which I'm going to contiue to buy), but I want to make their wet food. One to save some money, and two so I know for sure what's going into it. I don't want to feed them "leftover" parts, ya know?

Unread 08-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
Malinki

I bought some Newman's Own natural kitten food and IAMS dry kitten food, which they gobble up, but I want to make their wet food. I want to know what's going into their food, and I don't want to feed them "leftover" parts. I'm pretty sure that Newman's Own is quality, but it's also pricy. I want to save some money by making my own, and I want to know exactly what's being fed to them.

Unread 08-27-2008   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Try this..YUMMY!!!

Kitty Litter Cake

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
* 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 1 (12 ounce) package vanilla sandwich cookies
* 3 drops green food coloring
* 1 (12 ounce) package tootsie rolls

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
My folders:
* add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
* add a personal note Add a Personal Note

DIRECTIONS

1. Prepare cake mixes and bake according to package directions (any size pan).
2. Prepare pudding according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble.
3. Crumble sandwich cookies in small batches in a food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup add a few drops of green food coloring and mix.
4. When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs, and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, you want the cake to be just moist, not soggy.
5. Line kitty litter box with the kitty litter liner. Put cake mixture into box.
6. Put half of the unwrapped tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until softened. Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt, and curve the tootsie rolls slightly. Bury tootsie rolls randomly in the cake and sprinkle with half of the remaining cookie crumbs. Sprinkle a small amount of the green colored cookie crumbs lightly over the top.
7. Heat 3 or 4 of the tootsie rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle lightly with some of the green cookie crumbs. Heat the remaining tootsie rolls until pliable and shape as before. Spread all but one randomly over top of cake mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cookie crumbs. Hang the remaining tootsie roll over side of litter box and sprinkle with a few green cookie crumbs. Serve with the pooper scooper for a gross Halloween dessert.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Unread 08-28-2008   #6 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road

Ha.That's nuts.xxxxx
Unread 08-28-2008   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

FYI - WARNING chocolate for cats is very very harmful, it's a poison for them!
NEVER give them!!!!!!

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 08-28-2008   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

^ Ooops....sorry I didn't know that. I thought it's only dangerous for dogs.
Thanks for the info!
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

|

|
Unread 08-31-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

You welcome...

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 09-11-2008   #10 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

I found this article on foods that are dangerous to cats: Human Foods to Avoid for Cats - Toxic Foods Chocolate is one of them.

Tags
adopted , amazing , box , cat , cat food , cats , color , dogs , dry , dry food , fish , food , found , healthy , heat , hey , kitten , kitten food , kittens , litter , litter box , money , natural , poison , save , scooper , shopping , small , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links