It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2009   #11 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it sounds delectable. Gonna try cooking that for my cat.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-02-2011   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Sick
Missy is on a distinguished road

please just be careful with feeding only whiskars food, we did that with my older kitten (who is about 14 years of age) and sadly there is something in it which has been found to cause urinary tract infections in cats, he was in the vets for a few weeks and then had a relapse of it again (the treatment cost us thousands of dollars and now he has a very sensitive stomach, can only eat certain brands of food, and is generally not as healthy as he could have been if we fed him better food, im not sure what does it, but every vet as i seen and spoken to all say that whiskars is not healthy for cats in the long run as it can cause to many problems within their tract system
Unread 05-26-2012   #13 (permalink)
Newborn

vikramdas is on a distinguished road
Default home made food specifically for kittens

for my opinion bread and milk...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-17-2012   #14 (permalink)
Newborn

tiggers_mum is on a distinguished road

I only feed Tigger dry food from the vets....I was told that wet food was not really good for them...Too much salt....

Also, cats shouldn't drink milk...I only give Tigger water to drink.....
Unread 05-26-2017   #15 (permalink)
Kitten

LucyJones is on a distinguished road

Great recipes!
Unread 05-26-2017   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggers_mum View Post
I only feed Tigger dry food from the vets....I was told that wet food was not really good for them...Too much salt....

Also, cats shouldn't drink milk...I only give Tigger water to drink.....
A lot of misinformation in this thread, especially this post. Dry "food" is absolutely the worst thing you can feed a cat. It's practically indigestible, and contains only 10% moisture. Wet food diet has nothing to do with "too much salt". Any wet food is better than any dry, simply because it contains the moisture a cat needs.

This person who posted this has a vet who wants to keep a life time client. A cat fed dry food will need a lot of veterinary treatment over the years, especially if the cat is eating one of those "vet foods". Those are notoriously poor quality diets.

Feed your cats a rotation of good quality canned foods, avoiding ingredients such as sugar, ANY grains at all, carrageenan, menadione sodium bisulfate complex, agar-agar, xanathan gum, peas, potatoes, tapioca, dyes, artificial flavorings, animal digest, soy.

You will find it's just about impossible to find a food that doesn't have anything at all bad in it, so you will have to feed a rotation of brands to lessen the impact of the bad things.

The only way to ensure your cat eats the best quality healthy diet with nothing bad in it is to make it yourself. Feeding a raw diet is highly rewarding for both you and your cats and can be done easily enough once you learn how to do it.

please read this first
Unread 05-29-2017   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Good day ! krzekmaya During this time, kittens develop their food preferences which will stay with them for life. Dry or canned cat food is up to you. Only in special circumstances decided by your vet should you give a kitten supplements.

Have great feeding to your kitten.

Tags
adult , age , books , boy , brown , canned food , cat , cats , commercial , cool , diet , dog , dry , dry food , egg , food , found , healthy , hey , home , kitten , kittens , kitty , nice , oops , opinion , problems , raw , small , smell , turkey , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links