It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
Katarina

Default Robin a la Alae

Hi! Kati here. My outdoor friend, Emma H. asked me to post this recipe for her.

Robin a la alae,
by Emma Huntress

Ah s’pose Kati a’ready toad ya ‘bout the Rrrrrrrrrr monster an’ how the human chased it all over my nice huntin’ groun’ ‘stead o’ chasin’ it away to the neighbor’s yard. So now my nice huntin’ ground ain’t so nice no mo’. The good part is, after the Rrrrrrrrrrr monster went to sleep, the human started diggin’ up daisies. Don’ get me wrong; I like daisies, but when they gets dub up, wormies come to the surface an’ crawl on the ground, and that attracts robinses---yuuummmmm! Robinses is pretty cagey prey; they know how close a kitty has to be to catch ‘em, so they hop around ‘til ya gits a li’l too close; then they cazially fly a few kitty lengths futher off. So if ya wanna catch one, ya gotta outsmart it. Ya gotta know where all the good ambush spots is.

My best ambush spot is unner the trailer. I can lie down an’ take a nap---I’m good at naps---right at the edge o’ the trailer where I can see out thru the tall grass at the edge o’ the yard. When a robin starts to get close, I keep one eye open ‘til it’s almos’ in strikin’ distance. Then I wait for it to look the other way and I quietly assume pouncin’ position. The hardes’ part is not smackin’ my lips too loud. So I wait’l the robin is within pouncin’ range, an’ the next time it looks away, ah pounce! Gotchaaa!

O’coarse it struggles an’ puts up a good fight; that’s the best part! Ah don’ wanna kill it too quick ‘cause it’s so much fun when it fights back. After ah break a wing to make sure it can’t fly, I let go an’ catch it agin an’ agin. Ah toss it up and watch it try to fly; then I catch it agin. ‘Ventully, ah gits tired and hungry, so ah bites its neck and starts pullin’ out feathers so ah kin git to the meaty parts. Ah gits a taste o’ warm blood, an then ah takes a nap. After a while, ah reenacts the kill.

Then along comes the human an’ it scolds me for killin’ and not eatin’ it all. Well it’s cold now; ya can’t ‘spect me t’ eat cold bird! Whadda ya think ah am? Wild!? Grrrr! Stop playin’ w’my kill, human!

Last edited by Katarina; 05-22-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Aaawww what a natural lucky hunter you are, Emma H ! I know you enjoy your cold food recipe. But, poor Robin.... No wonder your human would scold you for such a mess !

We three musketeers can only hunt a couple of bugs in the house (we could hardly find even one), and could just watch thru the window those birdies and never able to catch any of them ... *sigh*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Red face

Great hunting! (BTW, poor bird)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 05-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
Katarina

Unhappy Poor worm!

Kati, here again. Emma has this to say:

Poor bird, my tail! Birds are meant to be hunted, caught and played with; an' if you're hungry, they're yummy. I'm jus' bein' what all o' us kitties are spoze t' be. Ah nose ya can't rely on a human to always feed ya; so ahm keepin' in practice, just in case. Why doesn't anykitty have sympathy for the poor wormies? No; they ain't THAT kinda wormies! They're akshilly kinda cute.

Unread 05-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

And what's your feelings about endangered or protected species Emma? You can't just go after any bird.
Unread 05-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

What a funny post! Haha. Poor bird though
Unread 05-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
Katarina

Talking

Emma H. responds to Ceri:

Robinses ain't threatened atoll. My other favrite burd is bluejay. White humanses calls it Steller's jay, but the natives has called it bluejay for a thousand years, so ah calls it bluejay. Bluejay is also not threatened atoll. My thurd favrite burd is crow, but ah ain't caughted no crows yet; they're too smart for me; they're not 'dangered neither. Last month, ah caughted a burd with pretty ornj tail feathurs; ah thunk it were a flicker; an that ain't threated neither.

Whadduya 'spec from somekittty what lives outside, anyhow? Is ah spoze tuh axe Kati tuh find my burd on the innernet while ah watches it fly away? If ah sees a 'dangered burd in the yard, all ah knows is it duzzen blong there cuz it looks differn then the local burdses. Ain't my falt it's 'dangered; 99.99% o' the time, the raisin a burd's 'dangered is humanzes, not us kitties. So don' axe me, this question; axe yer dum human.

Unread 05-23-2009   #8 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Stressed
Ceri Cat is on a distinguished road

Where I live several species of animal are endangered due to the feral cat problem, I'm sure you can understand the concern. And yes I know this is still largely the fault of humans.
Unread 05-23-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Three musketeers are proud of you, Emma H !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina View Post
Emma H. responds to Ceri:

Robinses ain't threatened atoll. My other favrite burd is bluejay. White humanses calls it Steller's jay, but the natives has called it bluejay for a thousand years, so ah calls it bluejay. Bluejay is also not threatened atoll. My thurd favrite burd is crow, but ah ain't caughted no crows yet; they're too smart for me; they're not 'dangered neither. Last month, ah caughted a burd with pretty ornj tail feathurs; ah thunk it were a flicker; an that ain't threated neither.

Whadduya 'spec from somekittty what lives outside, anyhow? Is ah spoze tuh axe Kati tuh find my burd on the innernet while ah watches it fly away? If ah sees a 'dangered burd in the yard, all ah knows is it duzzen blong there cuz it looks differn then the local burdses. Ain't my falt it's 'dangered; 99.99% o' the time, the raisin a burd's 'dangered is humanzes, not us kitties. So don' axe me, this question; axe yer dum human.
Meow Meow Meow ! Well spoken Emma H ! "Whadduya 'spec from somekittty what lives outside, anyhow?"
Let human ask other dum human..., Oh, yes, we too know for sure stupid human eat birds .. and other endangered animals ... (this is something good for being indoor kitties -- we watch TV and read news from the internet -- oh, yes, of course, next time we'll try to catch some birdies from the internet for you, especially the "dangered" species)
If only we're outdoor --- we'll certainly go hunting with you Emma H ! We don't think my human would be happy to see this post... *sigh*

Unread 05-24-2009   #10 (permalink)
Katarina

Angry Wha' 'bout feral humanses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri Cat View Post
Where I live several species of animal are endangered due to the feral cat problem, I'm sure you can understand the concern. And yes I know this is still largely the fault of humans.
Emma says:

Feral cat problem, my tail! __ Wha' 'bout the feral human problem? How many 'dangered species has your human left dyin' 'side the road affer runnin' over it w' 'at gas guzzlin', smog belchin', oil leakin' monster in the giradge? Did yer human even bovver t' 'dentify what species burd it dug out o' the front grill, last year? Did it go back t' see what kinda furry critter went thunk under the bumper, or t' see if it needs to go t' the petpital? Humanses shouldn't be 'loud t' go outside without a leash, a license, a pit tag, an' constant feline supervision.

Wi'out feral cats, humanses would be plagued wi' rats. Jus' las' month I 'sterminated the rats from the nextdoor humanses' house. I caught a whole fambly o' 'em rats. Ya shoulda seed the landlord when a rat ran past it; it was so scared it messed its fur. The problem is there ain't 'nuff o' us feral cats t' keep the wurld safe fer humanses.

An' wha' 'bout the 'dangered cats all over the wurld? Awe, poor tiger! Poor leopard! Poor cheetah!

Tags
animal , attack , birds , bite , bites , black , book , boyfriend , car , care , cat , cats , cheetah , claws , clean , color , cute , diarrhea , diet , eating , eye , eyes , fast , feral , fight , fights , fun , great , hey , hiding , house , hurt , internet , kitties , kitty , love , mistake , movies , nice , night , nose , outdoor , picture , playing , pounce , problem , question , scared , sleep , smart , stop , type , vomit , wild , window

Sponsored Cat Links