It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-21-2010   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for speedy reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
A balanced diet means a diet that contains all the nutrients a cat needs to stay healthy. Cats need meat proteins, vitamins and minerals, and taurine added to their food.

Canned food is better than kibble, two of my cats are on an all canned diet and the third would be too except she has to be on a special prescription diet and does not like the canned food version of that diet.

Cats do not have a high thirst drive, so need a lot of moisture added to their diet, that is one reason canned is better than dry.
Thanks for fast reply that enlightened me,somewhat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-22-2015   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

thecatproblems is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayconnor View Post
I have two questions:
Is there any natural additives to cat food that improve quality of fur?
Some suggest Brewer's Yeast flakes, but I am somewhat sceptical about using it. Did anybody try it, or is there any other options.

Also, which food is better for cats - wet or dry.

Any advice?
Thanks.
There is no right or wrong answer about whether you should feed wet or dry food(or both).Personally I opt both are nutritionally complete.many people stick on dry food as it is less expensive and easy to store whereas canned food is expensive .try to know what your cat enjoy to eat more. Cosulting a vet is important.
The more necessary things that place some water in a bowl.
Some pet food manufactures are using preservatives,antioxidants and other additives from natural sources instead of artificial ones. No salt or contains any soya where only high grade products are used.
Sorry,no idea about Brewer's Yeast flakes.
Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-22-2015   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Actually there is right and wrong. Dry food is a horrible horrible thing to feed any cat. Feed a cat a wet or raw or both diet for optimal health. NO DRY.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 06-08-2015   #14 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

Feed your cat a good quality cat food , and add fish oil to the diet. You can buy it in capsule form. Pierce it and add one capsule to the food once per day.
Unread 09-15-2016   #15 (permalink)
Newborn

tuneofapurr is on a distinguished road

They need a complete diet with vitamin E, and wet food. However even with supplements of E they can still have rough coats if they're not on a nutritionally complete, high quality diet. And dry foods are actually bad for them... But wet foods you really have to watch the carb and sugar content. It's why so many kitties get diabetes... It's depressing that the food companies are allowed to get away with that, fluffing food in consideration of profit rather than ensuring health.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to tuneofapurr For This Useful Post:
Unread 09-25-2017   #16 (permalink)
Kitten

crazyanimal is on a distinguished road

I think dry food is better for your cat .
Unread 03-01-2018   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Chatty
GraceC is on a distinguished road

I think raw meat great for cats
Unread 4 Weeks Ago   #18 (permalink)
Kitten

tiddles is on a distinguished road

I only get organic cat food for tiddles, I recently got a sample from here - Free Felix FunSauce | WOW Free Stuff - Freebies, Free Samples And Free stuff In The UK and she hated it as its not organic, I have a very fussy kitty!

Tags
advice , canned food , cat , cat food , cat needs , cat's , cats , commercial , diabetes , diet , dogs , dry , dry food , fast , fish , food , fur , great , hey , home , kitten , love , mat , meow , natural , night , pet , problems , question , raw , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links