It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2009   #1 (permalink)
Jayconnor

Default Cat food question.

I have two questions:
Is there any natural additives to cat food that improve quality of fur?
Some suggest Brewer's Yeast flakes, but I am somewhat sceptical about using it. Did anybody try it, or is there any other options.

Also, which food is better for cats - wet or dry.

Any advice?
Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Irene Jims is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayconnor View Post
I have two questions:
Is there any natural additives to cat food that improve quality of fur?
Some suggest Brewer's Yeast flakes, but I am somewhat sceptical about using it. Did anybody try it, or is there any other options.

Also, which food is better for cats - wet or dry.

Any advice?
Thanks.
Hi ! Vitamins E is essential for good quality fur coat. I used to give my kits Omega 3 Fish oil, mixed in their wet food. And I feed them both wet and dry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-09-2009   #3 (permalink)
veronicab

I second the omega 3 fatty acids, they're great for the coat! Try the fish oil, or there are some commercial products available from the vet or pet store.

Veronica

Unread 08-11-2009   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

Feed your cat a good quality canned food, and add fish oil to the diet. You can buy it in capsule form. Pierce it and add one capsule to the food once per day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unread 01-20-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

lauryn tom is on a distinguished road

Consult with your veterinarian about increasing fatty acids and vitamins in your cat's diet. Then you can find cat foods that contain such minerals

Unread 01-22-2010   #6 (permalink)
lmz
Newborn

lmz is on a distinguished road

I would check with your vet about adding supplements to your cats diet. My vet says wet cat food in the can is better than dry because the dry food contains lots of carbohydrates that can contribute to diabetes. I have one cat who will only eat canned food and one that will only eat dry food. Cats can be pretty fussy when it comes to what they like to eat. I recommend you consult with your vet for recommendations regarding diet.
Unread 05-04-2010   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

all~things~belong~to~cats is on a distinguished road

(cat buiscuits)
i do know that most generic brands of cat foods are bad and high in salt. they cause all sorts of diseases and kidney problems (this is apparent when a cat has alot of urinary tract infections).
the best are the most natural science formulated ones.. a little more expensive but it's worth it! full of protein too.
also kangaroo meat... raw is fab.
Unread 05-09-2010   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cheeky
imperialfelines is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a combination of good high quility human grade cat food and a raw diet is the only way to go.
Unread 06-16-2010   #9 (permalink)
Kitten

orangy is on a distinguished road
Default My cat is like yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmz View Post
I would check with your vet about adding supplements to your cats diet. My vet says wet cat food in the can is better than dry because the dry food contains lots of carbohydrates that can contribute to diabetes. I have one cat who will only eat canned food and one that will only eat dry food. Cats can be pretty fussy when it comes to what they like to eat. I recommend you consult with your vet for recommendations regarding diet.
I was worried for a while,but my 6 or 7 years old cat as it turned out ,prefers wet food on dry one,while I read in various articles dealing with the subject that a cat need so called balancred diet,that's where I get confused,is 'balanced diet' means both wet and dry food?.
The Following User Says Thank You to orangy For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-21-2010   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangy View Post
I was worried for a while,but my 6 or 7 years old cat as it turned out ,prefers wet food on dry one,while I read in various articles dealing with the subject that a cat need so called balancred diet,that's where I get confused,is 'balanced diet' means both wet and dry food?.
A balanced diet means a diet that contains all the nutrients a cat needs to stay healthy. Cats need meat proteins, vitamins and minerals, and taurine added to their food.

Canned food is better than kibble, two of my cats are on an all canned diet and the third would be too except she has to be on a special prescription diet and does not like the canned food version of that diet.

Cats do not have a high thirst drive, so need a lot of moisture added to their diet, that is one reason canned is better than dry.

Tags
advice , canned food , cat , cat food , cat needs , cat's , cats , commercial , diabetes , diet , dogs , dry , dry food , fast , fish , food , fur , great , hey , home , kitten , love , mat , meow , natural , night , pet , problems , question , raw , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links