It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-06-2014   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

pig7ziti is on a distinguished road
Default Vitamins for DVM Lisa Pierson's Diet

Hello All,
I recently decided to try the raw food diet formulated by DVM Lisa Pierson. Tayla (my 10 year old asian leopard bengal) Had lost weight due to finicky eating so I figured i would try the meal especially because she likes to sneak fish and meat once in a while. I test trialed her with the ground chicken for 5 days and she really liked it so I bought the vitamins suggested to balance the meal. Unfortunately she did not like the addition of the vitamins to my dismay.
Therefore I am trying to find a home for the vitamins.
I have:
-fish oil capsulesI LOVE CATS!
-b-complexI LOVE CATS!
-vitamin e
-bone meal
-and taurine
the vitamins have only been used once to make a batch of Lisa's diet and cannot be returned to iherb.com I don't to waste them.
If anyone is interested please let me know.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 09-06-2014   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

So what are you feeding now then? Did you make the recipe as described, blending the supplements into the grind?

You can't feed raw without supplementing unless you are feeding a prey model diet, or a commercial raw (such as Rad Cat)

There are plenty of other ways to feed raw, besides Dr Pierson's recipe.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up so quickly on this, since you've already got the supplements why not make up a few more batches? Cats often need a lot of time to get used to something new.

Dr Pierson also offers some information on how to transition cats to a change in diet. Using incentive toppers is the best way. Many people use Forti Flora which is a probitoic made by Purina. As a probitotic it's not that great, but cats go crazy over it because of the animal digest. You only use a very little dusted over the meal to encourage kitty to eat it.

I still use it sometimes but prefer things like PureBites freeze dried chicken breast, because it is better for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-07-2014   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

pig7ziti is on a distinguished road

I make her dry food (merricks salmon hard food) into wet food but i feed her more in order to make sure she has enough nutrients
Yup i used the recipe as described. But to me it smelled bland it seems she likes more flavorful potent foods. She used to not be finicky and ate just about everything. I tried mixing it with other food but she would eat around it
Don't worry i wasn't just feeling raw chicken i had some innova canned food as well to make sure she was eating. My biggest concern was her being finicky i know serious problems can arise if cats don't eat. I just hate the animal food industry and want to feed her quality foods without of course over extending my budget.
Im not sure if i need to add more fish oil. I did five capsules for the first batch because i wanted to make sure she didn't have diarrhea but she took one sniff and left
Unread 09-07-2014   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Oh no, don't add water to dry food. Dry food is covered in bacteria, and getting it wet increases the growth rate greatly. You are going to eliminate the dry food all together, right?

As I said, there are other recipes you can try. And use incentives as I mentioned in my first post.

Krill oil is better than fish oil. I use krill.

I don't use Dr Pierson's recipe but my cats are fed raw and canned. I use two commercial raw products, Rad Cat and Stella & Chewy's, and I prepare home made prey model raw also. (chunks of meat organ and bone in balanced proportions)

Are you familiar with Alnutrin? This supplement takes the guess work out of homemade ground raw feeding. It might be a better option for you.:

Know What You Feed Your Cat - Shop Online

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 09-25-2017   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

crazyanimal is on a distinguished road

That's a great recipe.Thank you

Tags
addition , animal , bengal , canned food , cat , cats , commercial , crazy , diarrhea , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , great , home , kitty , lost , love , pet , problems , raw , test , transition , weight , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links