It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2006   #1 (permalink)
Glk

Default Cleaning Litter Box

I was wondering what everyone here uses to clean the litter box when changing the litter to get rid of the urine smell in the plastic? I have a hard time gettting rid of the oder from the litter box. Thanks for any suggestions.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-25-2006   #2 (permalink)
angelshellbelle

I alot of times use dish soap and hot water or a little bit of vinegar and hot water. I know where your coming from when it comes to the smell. I thought there wouldn't be much smell with just one cat but let me tell ya.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-25-2006   #3 (permalink)
Glk

Yep, I only have 1 cat as well, and peeeuuuuuu! lol It can get pretty bad!

Unread 04-26-2006   #4 (permalink)
angelshellbelle

I had tried using the cat box liners but they are a hassle. She also clawed holes in them with her back claws anyways.

Unread 04-26-2006   #5 (permalink)
Glk

I tried those too, and they were more trouble than they were worth for me as well. My cat made holes in the plastic too. So they were pretty much a waste of money for me too.

Unread 10-01-2006   #6 (permalink)
meowmix978

I use the cat liners, but there is some stuff called "simple solution" that does wonders for getting urine odors out of carpet, I don't know how it works on plastic though.

Unread 10-01-2006   #7 (permalink)
muslgrl

We wash it out with lysol seems to keep the smell down

Tags
box , carpet , cat , claws , clean , cleaning , hey , litter , litter box , money , smell , suggestions , urine , wash , water

Sponsored Cat Links