It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-08-2006   #1 (permalink)
jones6

Default How often to change litter?

Some cat litter questions:

What type do you use?
How often do you completely change it?
Just how "dirty" and germy are these things?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-10-2006   #2 (permalink)
CatzXena.

I change it usually once a day, If a ''bit of buisness'' is uncovered try to cover it with a ''poop scooper'' to stop it smelling,
I use the cheapest cat litter or occasionally sand or ashes,
Try 1ce a day but if its smelling bad and there are no visible ''buisness'' then change the whole thing!!!
If its not that dirty don't change the whole of it just the used bits then replace with new stuff.
I'm sure they're not that dirty, you can buy thin plastic or heavy gloves if you want but I normally don't.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 09-29-2006   #3 (permalink)
Siamese_ifyouplease

I use freshstep clumping litter with odor crystals, it definitely reduces the work required, I scoop it about 1 time each day, and add a bit to recover for lost litter and then completely change the litter once a month, the package that it came in gives these instructions. definitely look at the package to make sure you arent wasting litter or making your cat, and yourself, suffer with the smell!

Unread 10-02-2006   #4 (permalink)
himilover

I also use FreshStep. It is a little more expensive than the others, but well worth the price. I clean my litter box, once a month or more depending on how dirty it looks. I try to scoop it out daily, if not then every other day.

Unread 10-02-2006   #5 (permalink)
muslgrl

scooped out daily changed monthly I use pascel

Unread 10-03-2006   #6 (permalink)
Purr

I attempted to change it every day but it seems to do no harm leaving it for 2-3. I have never left it more than that and I again use FreshStep. You get what you pay for heh?

Unread 10-10-2006   #7 (permalink)
CrystalCat

My cats prefer cheaper litter (and food) and my cat's litter box is cleaned once a day.

Unread 10-10-2006   #8 (permalink)
kelly6785

i think the clumping freshstep cat litter works just fine. plus, since it's scoopable...you waste less litter.

Unread 10-10-2006   #9 (permalink)
Tomcat385

My cats are real picky about their litterbox. I have to scoop everytime they use it or else they wont go in it, and they only will use it if no one is in there.

Tags
box , cat , cat's , cats , changed , clean , food , hey , litter , litter box , litterbox , lost , poop , scooper , smell , stop , type

Sponsored Cat Links