It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-25-2006   #1 (permalink)
Roxy

Default Need to know if Geraniums are poisonous to cats?

Hi,

I have been trying to get all my plants that aren't poisonous and that I can save for next year to replant indoors before the real cold weather hits. Before bringing in any plant I always check first to see if it could harm my cats. I went to several sights to see if geraniums are poisonous and one said it wasn't, while the other said it was. On one sight it didn't even list geraniums. I also have a lot of Coleus and most sights don't say a thing about them but one sight (the same that said geraniums were fine) said they were safe. I've had them in my house a long time ago and my cats did fine with them, so I'm not to worried there.
I have a 19 year old calico, Patches and a 13 year old calico, Jenaya. I am trying to come to terms with losing Patches. I know her time is coming soon and I have slowly come to terms with it, as it gets harder and harder to see her not get around as good. I have been close with my other cat, Jenaya but this past year or 2 it seems her attachment to me and mine to her has really grown. Maybe because we both know we'll lose Patches soon but I just don't think I could stand losing both, esp if it was due to me bringing in a poisonous plant and harming them like that. So if anyone knows if geraniums are toxic please, please let me know. I am a big plant person, love the outdoors but for now the plants are staying out until I am absolutely 100 percent certain.

Roxy

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
cats , cold , hey , house , love , person , save

Sponsored Cat Links