It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2006   #1 (permalink)
fidokitty

Default Nuturing from birth?

I often take kittens from the street who've been abandoned by owners who cant afford more cats or the mothers were killed by cars.

I usually use skimmed milk since regular milk is just really bad for them. I warm it up and feed it to them with a dropper or baby bottle. I wrap them up each night and keep them warm. And wash them once a week and daily with a damp rag since they're not to well kept at birth.

I often find that cats i've raised from birth are smaller and tend not to know how to meow correctly. They're meow is have a meow or sounds like a dying motor lol

But they'll be raised with human personalities. Mine for instance will hug me by laying on me and spreading her forearms around my neck and pressing her face into my cheek for a kiss its cute and im thankful i raised them each time they do that

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-04-2006   #2 (permalink)
catfish

I also did it with several cats and each time the didn't survive because I used regular milk. Next time when I found one I will try skimmed milk. Thanks for the info.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-04-2006   #3 (permalink)
aja3171

I never knew that regular milk is not good for kittens. Thanks for the information. I never wash the kittens though, Im afraid to touch them especially if the mother is nursing them. I think you really have a way with cats.

Unread 10-05-2006   #4 (permalink)
steelycat

It's the first time I heard of that information also. I thought any milk would just do all the time for them. Thanks. That's nice.

Unread 10-05-2006   #5 (permalink)
fidokitty

Yeah regular milk is bad. It shouldnt kill them but it doesnt have the same amount of nutrients or something I can't remember. I believe they do it on some farms with certain farm animals too.

They don't grow as big either because a mothers milk has more nutrients needed to grow rather than regular milk or skimmed.

Be sure its warm or else they wont take to it. If they're too sick and won't take it at all. Place a few ounces in at a time and stroke their throat they'll swallow.

I've dealt with strays all my life.

Unread 10-05-2006   #6 (permalink)
himilover

I have recently adopted a kitten like that. He was tiny, looked like his eyes had just opened. We took him home and bought kitten formula powder to mix with warm water. Each container lasted about 2 weeks. He's growing at an awesome pace and he has so much love for us and is such a cuddler! It is so cute! We love him so much!

Unread 10-12-2006   #7 (permalink)
fidokitty

Yes thats a beauty of getting abandoned kittens. They cling to you and depend on you. Sometimes taking on beautiful personalities Its a shame they're abandoned but im thankful i found them.

Tags
adopted , baby , beautiful , birth , cats , cuddler , cute , dying , eyes , found , hey , home , kitten , kittens , love , meow , nice , night , sick , strays , wash , water

Sponsored Cat Links