It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-05-2006   #1 (permalink)
kate1985

Default Help Please

I HAVE JUST GOT A NEW CAT BUT DON'T KNOW IT'S AGE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN TELL ROUGHLY HOW OLD THE CAT IS? i THINK IT COULD BE A KITTEN, BUT NOT A YOUNG KITTEN.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-06-2006   #2 (permalink)
aja3171

Best way would be to ask a veterinarian. Teeth are usually checked for age. But it requires experience.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-08-2006   #3 (permalink)
steelycat

My kitten is about the same age you describe and in my opinion she is about three months old or a little more than that. We found here when she was small.

Unread 10-09-2006   #4 (permalink)
kate1985

I think it's between 6months and a yr old. She's very underweight. We took her in because we don't think she had a home. She was always crying outside and she didn't have a collar on. She seems alot happier now and hopefully soon she will put some weight on. I've got her on kitten food, meat and biscuits to try and get her strengh back up. She just eats and sleeps which could be because she's a kitten or maybe just because she hasn't been looked after. My other doesn't seem to like her, they just keep there distance. But I have had my cat for 11 years and she has always been the only cat apart from her own kittens she had when she was younger.
When my husband gets paid we're going to take her to the vets to get a health check done, in a way I hope she's not chipped because i've got attatched to her and don't want to let her go!!!

Unread 10-09-2006   #5 (permalink)
CrystalCat

That is all completely normal. My kitten was underweight and didn’t gain weight until 2-3 weeks after I had him. You will most likely never know the true age, as even a vet can only take a well educated guess most the time. Also, when you do go to the vet, don’t be surprised to hear a lot of things wrong with the cat, as its all normal.

Tags
age , cat , collar , crying , food , found , health , hey , home , kitten , kitten food , kittens , new cat , opinion , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links