It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
catatonic

Default Have you ever had a cat with surnburn?

We have a pure white cat called Suki. She is pure white with pink on her nose, paws and tips of her ears. She loves to sunbathe and her ears would get a little red. We talked to the vet and he said it is quite common for cats to get sunburned. She is rationed from the sun now poor thing.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
aja3171

Wow, I never knew that cats can get sunburned too. My male cat is also pure white and he is an outdoor one. I even have a picture of him on the roof of my neighbor's house licking himself out. But he never got sunburned. Did your vet give you any medication for your cat beside from the ration?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-12-2007   #3 (permalink)
snazzy-chloe

yeh it is actually really common to get sunburnt just make sure she doesnt get cancer my bf's cat snowball got skin cancer on her ear and near the end of her life she was painfully bleeding and in the end they had to put her down. very sad. apparently they can wear sunscreen, i read it in a cat facts thing

Unread 01-13-2007   #4 (permalink)
Rocky

Wow thats awful. So can you put sunscreen on cats? My cat is black and white, mainly black though so he hasnt been sunburnt before. Do cats peel like humans?

Unread 01-20-2007   #5 (permalink)
Catrancher99

A few years ago I was visiting an aunt in Washington (state) and saw an unusual sight. Her neighbor's all-white cat had no pinnae (the "flaps" of the cats ears). She said the cat had gotten sunburned and developed cancer of the pinnae, so they had to be removed. My Pirate is mostly white with a large black spot on the head and a very fluffy black tail - but his nose and ears are bright pink. I've resolved to never let the dear boy outside. My vet said sunscreen is OK to use, but most cats would likely lick the stuff off, I'd think. A nice shady area for outside kitties is a good thing, too.

Tags
black , boy , cat , cats , facts , hey , house , kitties , licking , male , nice , nose , outdoor , picture , sad , tips , vet

Sponsored Cat Links