It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-20-2007   #1 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Question Chronic congestion

I've just done an exhausting amount of googling & yahooing for info on what's called "feline respiratory infection." There are several causes, mostly viral or herpes it seems. The outlook appears dismal, as most of the information says the condition, whatever the cause, is not really curable, only controllable. However, a few sites offered some holistic/homeopathic remedies that claimed success with treatments superior to antibiotics. A tiny feral female (named Nova) I've been trying to lure in finally came in last Friday (Jan. 5). She's about 7-8 months old. She has bad sinus congestion and breathes with difficulty at night. As she's just begun to trust me enough to let me gently pet her when she's on my bed ( a "safe zone" it seems), I don't want to freak her out with a traumatizing trip to the vet just yet. She's eating quite well and is playful, so I'm not alarmed. Anyway, following are some of the nontraditional remedies I've come across. I'd very much appreciate any feedback, positive or negative, about them from anyone who may have tried them or read pro or con info.
Vitamin C (ester C type)
Lysine 200 - 500 mg twice daily for 1 week
Neo-synephrine .025% IIRC
Chlorpheniramine
Clavamox (amoxicillin/clavulanic acid)
Colloidal silver (supposedly cures viral infections where antiobiotics can't)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
antibiotics , cures , eating , feedback , female , feral , homeopathic , infection , night , pet , traditional , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links