It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-28-2007   #1 (permalink)
crookshanks

Default Small lump

I have already called and made a vets appointment. I'm a little scared, but my old female Fifi has a small lump on the back of one of her back legs between the knee joint and the anal opening. I found it yesterday when I was patting her and it was a little surprise. I had not noticed it before. I just want to ask everyone's prayers for my old lady. If its the beginnings of cancer or something else dangerous, well, she's had a beautiful life. I love my Fifi. She's been a wonderful pet for years and a great Mama to many of my other sweet cats.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-28-2007   #2 (permalink)
Catrancher99

I'm for you, Crookshanks. Let's hope if it is a tumor it's benign and maybe a bit of surgery can give the girl more years yet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
crookshanks

Fifi is going to be fine. It was a benign tumour and the vet just removed it. He wasn't really sure what caused it. She had a few days rest and Fifi is just back to her old self, although showing a bit more affection lately. I think the vet just always freaks out pets. Have you ever noticed even when a kitten hasn't been before it gets all nervous in the waiting room. It must be true they can smell the fear of the other animals.

Unread 02-01-2007   #4 (permalink)
Catrancher99

This is good news, Crookshanks. You know, I've read often that cats are very sensitive to injections for some reason and it's not unusual for them to develope lumps at the injection sites. It's only happened to one of my cats once, and it went away after a few weeks. That's the usual response, but rarely the lump can become a malignant tumor, so it's always a good idea to check with the vet.

Tags
beautiful , cats , female , found , girl , great , hey , kitten , love , nervous , pet , prayers , scared , small , smell , surgery , vet

Sponsored Cat Links