It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
crookshanks

Default Flea collar safety -- Please help

I was wondering if anyone knows of good measures against fleas and ticks besides a collar. I don't mean shampoos and sprays for AFTER they have fleas. The reason I am asking is because I have small children and I don't want them to be endangered by touching the collar by accident. Please help if you know.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Crookshanks, my best advice, for what it's worth, is to get some so-called "spot-on" flea product called Advantage or other brand. You have to obtain it from a vet. It works very well on my menagerie, only has to be applied once a month, and does not seem to harm the kitties (although it has to be applied in a spot where they can't lick at it, more or less between the shoulder blades - the instructions will explain). Please do not use the store-bought "spot-on" stuff, as it has been known to harm or even kill the cats. After I discovered this stuff I've been a confirmed proponent because it works, it's easy to use and my legs aren't speckled with little red welts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
advice , age , cats , children , collar , fleas , hey , kitties , small , vet

Sponsored Cat Links