It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Default Strange Claw Condition

Does anyone have knowledge of why a cat's claws may not retract fully? Stormy isn't yet 4 years old (until April 5) and he's not overweight. I've tried my cat books and the 'Net for info but found nothing yet. The poor guy has a lot of trouble walking on carpet, as the middle ones get snagged. None of my other cats have this problem.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

The ONLY thing I can think of is...... Stormy may need a nail trimming. I know when A-Rod's nails need trimming they get snagged. My vete told me when we first got A-Rod and asked about nail trimming. That if wedon't up keep his nails that will get so long hewill have trouble walking on carpet and things. So maybe I am wrong..... But I think it is worth a shot to see if it will improve Stormy's life! Good luck!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Thanks, A-Rod's Mama. I hadn't thought of that. This is a new condition I've never had to deal with before, so I'll check with Stormy's vet and learn up on how to trim cat claws.

Tags
books , carpet , cat , cat books , cat's , cats , claws , found , hey , nails , overweight , problem , vet

Sponsored Cat Links