It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-19-2007   #1 (permalink)
Sean

Exclamation Whats wrong with my poor cat!!?? =[

My cat is Black with snow paws. He is a little over 2years old and is a little over 15lbs. He loves out side. He will go out and come back the next day. Off and eye he will come back beat up but active, playful, and alert. I found him out side last night sitting up but didn't meow or move when called upon. Looks like the pink lining in his left eye was torn. Its a little swallon inside but the eye looks not damaged. I know that will heal. What concerns me is he wont meow, play, roll around in his nipp, respond to his name, or eat much. This inst normal for my cat "Puck". His nose is dry and all he does now is sleep. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-19-2007   #2 (permalink)
A-Rod's Mama

Take him to the vete! Something is wrong..... Especially since you see he is physically injured. You may think it is nothing.... But you could be wrong! He could have an infection-maybe he is experiencing blindness. Seriously go to the vete ASAP! gOOD lUCK...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-19-2007   #3 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Absolutely get your Puck to the vet. Eye injuries are often invisible and the vet will use a special dye and a blacklight to look for wounds (it happened to one of my kitties once). Puck may also have a dangerous virus or have been poisoned. Time is of the essence. I'm very sorry to hear this and I sure hope things work out OK. Please let us know what happens. We here care about ALL cats, not just our own.

Unread 03-04-2007   #4 (permalink)
Sean

Default i dont know

i called the vet and he was on my lap at the time. next day he was 100% better?! anyways thanks for the help i think he was pulling my leg

Unread 03-04-2007   #5 (permalink)
Catrancher99

Sean, cats don't "pull legs." By their natural instinct cats will absolutely avoid letting on that there's anything wrong with them if they pull it off. This is because signs of weakness or illness in Nature is a death sentence, as some predator will pick up on the signs and go in for the kill - an easy dinner! So when a cat displays obvious signs of something wrong, there is definitely something wrong. I'm very glad your Puck got better on his own. This happens sometimes because cats can catch the cat equivalent of a human cold, which they do get over (usually). However, keep an eye on Puck for a while to look for signs of illness that may be serious, like a bad virus, that the cat may appear to recover from, but not really. Also, if he's not neutered I strongly urge you to have it done. "Intact" cats are far more prone to violent encounters with other cats that result in damage to eyes or exposure to diseases that can kill. I'm really glad for the good news - but don't let your guard down yet.

Unread 04-01-2007   #6 (permalink)
kittygirl12

somethig was definetely wrong with your cat.i say you should take your cat to the vet just to get evrything checked out. It is better to be safe than sorry

Tags
black , care , cat , cats , cold , dry , eye , eyes , found , hey , infection , kitties , meow , natural , night , nose , sleep , vet

Sponsored Cat Links