It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-29-2007   #1 (permalink)
some_fantastic

Default How much dry cat food should I feed my adult cat a day?

He is a normal weight, but I worry that I am not giving him enough. How many cups should I dish out and how many times a day...?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
That Chick You Wanna Know

I would give him 2 1/2 cups twice a day

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
supergirl

look on the bag of cat food..it usually has a table showing the amount of food you should be feeding based on their weight..

Unread 03-30-2007   #4 (permalink)
Trac2100

Look at the bag

Unread 03-30-2007   #5 (permalink)
Evi P

Look on your bag of cat food for guidelines. it usually depends on the cats weight.

Unread 03-30-2007   #6 (permalink)
Denise K

Hi. I would only feed them twice a day after they are a year old. I made the mistake of free feeding them and now I have one cat that's over weight big time, and another cat who is a big pig and begs for table scraps. Also, its better to give them organic food, with the recent scare with pet foods I am not taking a chance. Its also likely to be more bland since its all natural and they won't over eat and get fat like my cats

Unread 03-30-2007   #7 (permalink)
seekingknowledge2

Leave the dry food out and available at all times. Cats eat only when they are hungry and don't eat more than they need.

Unread 03-30-2007   #8 (permalink)
catloverme123

on the package it should tell you how much to feed for the weight of your cat. and I divide that up into 3 feedings per day.

Unread 03-30-2007   #9 (permalink)
mary k

I have 2 cats I feed them 2 cups dry a day. 1 in morming & 1 at night.

Unread 04-04-2007   #10 (permalink)
snazzy-chloe

It really depends how active ur cat is as well but yeh ya can use the table from the tin or bag as a guide, i usually feed mine twice a day, in the morning i feed the two cats a bowl each of dry food and at night i feed them half a can each of wet food, and my cats are really active. just sum advice

Tags
adult , advice , another cat , cat , cat food , cats , dry , dry food , food , free , guide , hey , mistake , morning , natural , night , pet , weight , wet food , worry

Sponsored Cat Links