It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-30-2007   #1 (permalink)
Aurum

Default My cat is really fat, and the diet cat food is not working. Why?

I feed her the diet cat food as it instructs on the bag, and my cat is not getting any thinner. In fact I'd almost say she's getting fatter.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-30-2007   #2 (permalink)
LadyMamolade

It won't work if he or she is eating too much of it and not getting excercise. Play with your cat chase your cat do something to get it moving so he can get excercise

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-30-2007   #3 (permalink)
Amanda F

If she is spayed or fixed they get fat, but if she isn't she might be a diabetic cat

Unread 03-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
beautymark

The cat is most likely eating too much. Also the quality of food makes a big difference. Most brands at your grocery store is LOW quality. Keep your cat active. If you can't play with him/her maybe get another cat. They will play and chase each other for hours. Fixed cats get fat is a TOTAL MYTH. Both my cats are fixed and neither one is fat. I measure out their food and make sure I don't over feed. They also spend many hours chasing each other up and down my stairs.

Unread 03-31-2007   #5 (permalink)
swimchicka2007

if you aren't joking about the whole thing, take her to the vet.

Unread 03-31-2007   #6 (permalink)
lilziggy0

our vet put our cat on diet calorie control food, but we did not follow the instructions on the bag. we just fed him once in the morning and once at night. he has a small bowl so we filled it halfway. he lost about 7 pounds over about two months. good luck.

Unread 03-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
♥Chelsea♥

Just get her a fun toy. (My cat loves thin ribbon to play with.) This will get her moving. Try controlled portions. Some cats are just naturally big. It might also just be her fur. Sometimes it is so thick and long that it just makes them look fat. It all varies from cat-to-cat.

Tags
another cat , cat , cat food , cats , diabetic , diet , eating , fixed , food , fun , fur , hey , lost , morning , moving , night , play , small , spayed , vet , why?

Sponsored Cat Links