It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2007   #1 (permalink)
zach

Default dont feed your dogs or cats dried food from iams?

they knew that it could have been dangerous but they still left the iams dried dog food on the selfs and now my dog is showing simptoms of kidney failur becarefull has this happend to your dog or cat yet Iams dry dog food i dangoursThough the Food and Drug Administration has not yet called for a widening of the recall, PETA senior researcher Alka Chandna said today that the organization is asking that dry foods be investigated -- and that Iams dry food be taken off shelves because PETA has received numerous complaints about dogs and cats becoming ill or dying after eating it

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-31-2007   #2 (permalink)
kendell c

We use NutroMax Dry puppy food. The website assures us it is safe. What have you heard?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
cutiepie

I am so sorry you dog is ill. supposedly Iams said their dry food is not in danger of making our pets ill. Check out Iams.com to see what they are saying. I pray you dog gets better.Iams is not bad food purina cat food is garbage I worked at Petsmart for five years and learned a lot about food for all pets.Nutro Max is the best but Iams is not garbage. Eukanuba is the same company the owns Iams.

Unread 03-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
star

THAT is sad thats not where it stops. THEy say we need to watch out 4 the wheat coming into AMERICA it may be tainted as well. SO our food could be contaminated. NOT GOOD.

Unread 03-31-2007   #5 (permalink)
jimbobob

Sorry to hear about you're dog. Thanks for the info.I heard about the dry food but did not know what brand was affected.I feed my dogs Purina Dog Chow. Hope you're dog is alright.

Unread 03-31-2007   #6 (permalink)
labrat

No it hasn't, read up on the news.There are web sites you can check. All the food that has been recalled has been moist or in pouches.

Unread 03-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
Dave

I heard it's perfectly safe, but the reason why people disapprove is because of the inhumane testing methods used by the company that makes it.

Unread 03-31-2007   #8 (permalink)
linx13

Directly from Iams : First, there is no melamine or aminopterin in any of our Iams and Eukanuba dry pet foods on store shelves.In fact, Iams and Eukanuba dry pet foods to DO NOT contain wheat gluten. Our dry dog and cat foods are made exclusively by P&G Pet Care and not by Menu Foods. Try not to worry - I know it's hard when they keep changing everything. I've been looking for wheat/corn gluten for years and avoiding them as a source of allergens and now I am glad.Do take your pup in if you need to.

Unread 03-31-2007   #9 (permalink)
Shaun F

First, as a three-dog owner, I am sorry to hear that your dog is ill.Iams is not dangerous though. Yes, there were some problems that were overblown in the media, but that is what the media is for.Listen to the reports and where the contamination occured and 99.9% chance, you are safe. Much like the contaminated lettuce this summer; its not Iams or the branded company, but a supplier that causes the problem. The truth is (having done reseach for Iams vs. competition so I may be a little biased), Iams has an amazing product. Hills and Science Diet are truly branding and marketing gimics who haven't been supplying dog food for a century like Iams has or even as long as Purina etc. The best move you can do for your dogs are to look at the ingredients and ask breeders and vets for advice. Chances are, they will lead you back to Iams since it is such a good product (just ask my 18 yr. old pug who's been eating iams for his entire life). I hope you dog gets better soon!~ Fitz

Unread 03-31-2007   #10 (permalink)
Jodie K

Yes Iams is one of the most horrible foods! YOU CANNOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HERE!!!!!!People do some research for yourselves. There are thousands of veterenarians selling and promoting this same crappy food.Iams, Eukanuba, Science Diet, Alpo, Friskies, Special Kitty etc. ALL contain by-products (feet, beak, feathers shall I really go on?)Tons and tons of chemicals which we ll know, but just don't want to admit, causes cancer, and other various diseases. Read the ingredients before you buy anything! Stores like Petland, Petcetera, Pet Smart don't care about our pets, they just want there money for all the things they totally overcharge on. We are all suckers for the media and all the advertisements but we have to stop all the lying and abuse they are putting us and our animal friends through.

Tags
advice , amazing , animal , breeders , care , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , dying , eating , food , friends , hey , kitty , money , pet , petsmart , problems , puppy , sad , senior , smart , stop , worry

Sponsored Cat Links