It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-31-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kirsten M

Default What foods should I feed my cats?

I'm doing an experiment to see what foods my cats like best. I don't know what foods I should feed my cats especially because so many cat foods are on the recall list.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-31-2007   #2 (permalink)
BethS

The Iams dry foods are still safe & that's what I use. My cats like it well enough.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-31-2007   #3 (permalink)
MARY ann

I feed my cat Purina cat chow although I'm afraid to feed them anything considering the recalls but then I'm afraid to eat any wheat products myself after all we get most of the wheat we eat from the same place that killed our pets

Unread 03-31-2007   #4 (permalink)
Sarah H

Well, we used science diet because the vet reccomended it but with all the chaos about pet foods I would check what brands are still safe or not. Then you could ask a vet.

Unread 03-31-2007   #5 (permalink)
Bozema

Go for a high quality dry cat food. Dry foods sold in pet stores are not currently on the recall list (only one Science Diet prescription dry food from vets has been recalled). Plus dry food is better for their teeth.I am switching my dogs to a dry food not containing any wheat products since contaminated wheat gluten is the suspicious substance.

Unread 03-31-2007   #6 (permalink)
twisted_rosary

Do not feed your cat commerical foods, unless it is raw and devoid of unneeded and dangerous grains and vegetative matter. A housecat is the same as a wildcat---hit the encylopedia, call zoos---and need RAW meat, raw bone and raw organ, in the proper proportions. Very easy to feed. No worries about food poisoning because a true carnivore's stomach makes loads of strong acids---it is a part of their evolution. Do some research and you won't be sorry. No veggies or fruits or grains. No dairy. I feed mine rabbit, quail, chicken thigh meat, turkey, lamb, duck. Her food costs are actually less than when I fed her "premium" foods. Check out rawfedcats.org and learn what many showcat owners do. In the meantime, look for high-quality canned food that do NOT contain any grains at all. Wysong and Wellness make some decent non-grain canned foods. No kibble is safe for cats and never has been. Kibble(dry) is almost always contaminated with amounts of fungus, molds and bacterias. This latest recall is not new.

Unread 03-31-2007   #7 (permalink)
FashionGoddess

i would say Kit N' Kaboodles my cats eat it like crazy if they can. i fill it like every hour and then its all gone so i would really try to use that. TRY IT your cats will thank u for it.

Unread 03-31-2007   #8 (permalink)
Sk8er

science diet.... my cats love it.

Unread 03-31-2007   #9 (permalink)
jerseydog

Dry foods are always best for them. I feed my cats Innova. They have a regular adult foor and a reduced diet. I use the reduced diet since I have indoor only cats. They are also made with natural humane grade foods so they are not on the recall list.

Tags
adult , canned food , car , cat , cat food , cats , crazy , diet , dogs , dry , food , hey , indoor , love , mat , natural , pet , raw , recalls , turkey , vet

Sponsored Cat Links