It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-01-2007   #1 (permalink)
mandy w

Default my question is friskies cat food going to be efected??

my question is friskies cat food going to be efected??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-01-2007   #2 (permalink)
kittygirl12

friskies cat food has not been affedted yet. i personally do not think it will becuse it is not processed in the same place the other food was. just keep an eye out for the new food on the recall list

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-01-2007   #3 (permalink)
Buddy28

It hasn't been so far, but I would keep informed. They seem to be adding more brands as the days go by.

Unread 04-01-2007   #4 (permalink)
spooshy

I've been using Friskies, and so far it's been good. Friskies is made by the Purina brand.As far as I know, none of the pet food recalls have been including Purina products.But as always, keep an eye out on the news, for you never know.

Unread 04-01-2007   #5 (permalink)
duckiesweb

I was wondering if friskies canned food was gonna be affected to b-cause thats the kind my 3 babys eat!

Unread 04-01-2007   #6 (permalink)
charmedchiclet

You don't know ahead of time what brands are affected until they announce their findings. At the moment Friskies isn't one of them, but it does happen to be one of the worst foods for cats that you can get even without being poisoned. A good food will have meat (usually chicken) listed as the first ingredient, and not contain a lot of fillers such as corn or wheat that are indigestible to cats.

Unread 04-01-2007   #7 (permalink)
Turtle

I sure hope not. My cats eat this food as a treat. They eat Purina One dry food as their regular diet. I have been so scared since the pet food recall. I think it's making a lof of us more aware about what is not only going into our pet's bodies but what may be going into ours as well.

Unread 04-01-2007   #8 (permalink)
SuzyQII

New ones are listed everyday - Purina dog food is now being pulled and Hill's dry cat food - see site listed below! Google it and you will see more! We feed our cats and dogs foods from Red Bandanna (name of a chain of pet stores)- all natural and they love it - so far that has not been on the lists.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Unread 04-01-2007   #9 (permalink)
Lake Lover

Several times a day, the news IS changing.Some Purina products are now being recalled.Do a search in the NEWS for "pet food recall"

Unread 04-01-2007   #10 (permalink)
Jessica S

I have been using Friskies for 12 years and I have never had a problem. And so far, thank God, I havn't seen it on any list. I watch the news everyday and on the computer for updates on the dog and cat food problem and so far Friskies (including the dry) is OK.

Tags
canned food , cat , cat food , cats , computer , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eye , food , hey , love , natural , pet , pet food , problem , problems , question , recalls , scared , search , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links