It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-01-2007   #1 (permalink)
Biblegirl

Default What foods can cats eat, other than cat food? What food is bad for them?

What foods can cats eat, other than cat food? What food is bad for them?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
pooh

they are natually meat eaters, and other then dry food mine really enjoy chewing on my house plants.and I believe rice is o.k. for them if mixed with meat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-02-2007   #3 (permalink)
Sugarshots

Tuna fish in water, not oil.Cooked chicken (no need to season)

Unread 04-02-2007   #4 (permalink)
Jen

dry cat food.tin foods (but not to much) and also chicken necks or wings are really good for their teeth.

Unread 04-02-2007   #5 (permalink)
Ashley

Cats should be given cat food. If you're in a pinch & you need a few days to get more, you can feed them dog food, but it is bad for them long term. Cat food contains an amino acid that dog food does not (though I can't remember the name) & the fat contents are different.Meat, poultry, & fish are fairly obvious foods, though I would cook it first. Raw meat is like a breeding ground for some VERY nasty bacteria.Milk, despite pop culture references, is NOT a good choice. A tiny bit (like a couple spoonfuls) is okay, but more than that can cause vomiting & diarrhea.Note that cats are omnivores, not carnivores, so they can-& will-eat veggies & fruit. For instance, one of my cats will eat carrots & grapefruit given the opportunity.

Unread 04-02-2007   #6 (permalink)
Shelly L

Cat food is the best because they formulate them to have the correct amount of nutrients a cat needs. Hills is the best, but you have to get a script from your Vet.You can buy cat grass at a pet store...Cats love grass.If you try to feed your cat different fatty meats it will reduce their life expectancy due to potential heart problems.Wet cat food is good due to the water in the food, it will help prevent bladder stones/crystals and keep them from being over-weight. If feeding dry food, make sure to only give the same amount at a time (this way you have fresher food, you are not over-feeding, and you can monitor if the cat is eating to make sure your cat is healthy since health problems usually start w/ loss of appetite)What do you want to feed your cat?

Unread 04-02-2007   #7 (permalink)
chris

fish and meat

Unread 04-02-2007   #8 (permalink)
wyomugs

Believe it or not, BABY FOOD!!! It's recommended by a "cat" vet. Any variety which contains meat/gravy, and throw in a veggie "mix" now and then doesn't hurt. You can also include "human" tuna, and serve WITH the water, they LOVE the water! I call it "Kitty Champagne!" I use both to supplement my 4 cats' dry food diet (which has luckily been unaffected by the recalls), and they all go nuts with whatever I treat them to! Have FUN!

Unread 04-02-2007   #9 (permalink)
the Figurer

cats can eat most human foods. They are not fussy about vegetables or sweets. Do not feed any animal chocolate. They like non spiced meat. cooked is more preferable to prevent worms which come from raw meat.

Unread 04-02-2007   #10 (permalink)
dianakat3

Cats are HIGHLY allergic to potatoes...there's way too much starch in them for their little bodies to process. That doesn't stop mine from trying to snag french fries every now and then...

Tags
allergic , animal , baby , bladder , breeding , car , cat , cat food , cat needs , cats , chewing , diarrhea , diet , dog , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , fun , healthy , hey , house , hurt , joy , kitty , loss , love , pet , problems , raw , recalls , stop , vet , vomiting , water , weight

Sponsored Cat Links