It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kimberly P

Default Can a Kitten or an older cat have human baby food as a treat?

the reason for asking this question is because right now I am getting a new kitten, and my parents are watching him right now, and since that recall happend my mom saw that weat gluten was in Fancy feast. she is fedding him the chicken baby food as a little treat, cuz of the recall.the reason for asking this question is because right now I am getting a new kitten, and my parents are watching him right now, and since that recall happend my mom saw that weat gluten was in Fancy feast(which is not part of the recall). she is fedding him the chicken baby food as a little treat, cuz of the recall.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
elise7

I would not see why it should be a problem. The main thing that is harmful to pets is refined carbohydrates(which is also harmful to humans) As long as it is fruits, veggies and meats you are good.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-02-2007   #3 (permalink)
Kit Kat

Maybe a tiny bit now and then. I know if a kitten is sick, vets recommend meat flavored baby food. Once my cat was so sick she couldnt eat and I gave her baby food diluted with warm water 3X a day thru an eye dropper.

Unread 04-02-2007   #4 (permalink)
desiree_jade410

google it! lol i typed in "cats and baby food" lots of intresting things! i found different pages that said that cats cant have onion/onion powder because it can cause anemia, and some other interesting things. check it out! good luck!!

Unread 04-02-2007   #5 (permalink)
Kathryn

Years ago when our geriatric cat was sick with her final illness, the only thing she would eat was baby food. We used to mix her medicine in Gerber's beef baby food.

Unread 04-02-2007   #6 (permalink)
Laura W

along with the advice from the others, I would say that sure, as long as it really is a *treat* and not their main diet, as it won't be properly balanced nutrition for your cat all on its own. moist type cat food may be another choice--i feed my cat dry kibble for his primary diet, and use the moist food as a "special treat" and he loves it. the advantage there is that the moist food will be a better balanced part of his diet.

Unread 04-02-2007   #7 (permalink)
Gina C

Of course as long as it is a little the cat will be fine. I give my cats abour 2 spoon fulls a piece as a treat usually when i clip there nails or after i brush them so they like getting those things done to them. I give them all differnt types with meat flavors your cat will not eat it if he doesnt like it but it will not do harm to the cats

Tags
advice , age , baby , cat , cat food , cats , clip , diet , dry , eye , food , found , geriatric , hey , interesting , kitten , nails , new kitten , nutrition , problem , question , sick , type , water

Sponsored Cat Links