It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
Cosmic chick

Default What kind of time frame do vets report for cats contacting food posioning...

...after eating tainted food? Are the effects of the food poisioning sudden or could it be gradually- say over a few days? I'm concerned because I fed my 5 month old kitten a wet cat food brand that is on the recall list, last week. The recalled brand food is not his normal brand, but he ate 4 cans of it last week in a 3 day period. This has me worried and I appreciate your feedback.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
hotlilchicka116

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. this is renal failure that we're talking about and is potentially fatal, especially in such a young kitten. make an appointment and get her there as fast as possible so that your vet can check her BUN, creat, and other blood levels!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-02-2007   #3 (permalink)
mywaphel

The effects typically happen gradually, but sudden onset is certainly possible.Signs of renal failure include increased water consumption and amount and frequency of urination.If possible, take in a sample of the food and one of the cans, the vet will need to record several things, and if the cat does show signs, a sample of the food for testing will strengthen any case you may have against the company.

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , eating , fast , feedback , food , kitten , sudden onset , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links