It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
Help

Default Best cat dry food?

What is the best cat dry food to feed my overweight 16 pound girl that's 4 years old?Currently I'm feeding her Iams dry food (I didn't know there was anything wrong with it until I read some of the posts on here)... I'm feeding her the indoor, diet food... but obviosuly the "diet" part doesnt work...She's already overweight & I don't want her to have any heart problems!!My vet have told us to only feed her one cup a day, which we have been doing... but no results... lol so i'm pretty sure it's the food!!!I don't give her a lot of treats and I don't feed her human food either!! I hear Nutro is like the "mercedes" of cat food, hopefully it won't give my cat diarreah!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
smilez2laugh

There really isn't an answer to that becuz some cats wont eat certain things becuz they dont like it we use kits n kaboodles

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
Xiomara M

Try giving her 1/2 a cup per day; that's what we do with our cat (who is also on the Iams diet dry food) and it's worked.

Unread 04-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
CrystalClear

I would say try either Nutro line (You will see little oval symbal above brand name that says Nutro) or look for a brand that is all naturlal. DO NOT get cat food that has by-products listed. That means they throw in the beak, the feet and alot of other extra "stuff" that your beloved kitty doesn't need. Look for products with chicken meal and lotsa veggies!

Unread 04-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
N@mi

science diet for adult cats!!

Unread 04-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
serbiegirl1019

I use Whiskas for my cats, and as of to-day it is still safe ,the meary kind is the one they like the best.

Unread 04-03-2007   #7 (permalink)
ms v

per my vet's advice we put our overweight cat on hill's prescription dry r/d feline. he has lost most of his weight now & will soon be going onto the maintenance food, which he will probably have to be on for life because he can't seem to eat non diet food without gaining weight.

Tags
adult , advice , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dry , dry food , food , girl , hey , indoor , kitty , lost , overweight , problems , vet

Sponsored Cat Links