It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2007   #1 (permalink)
empressdiva03

Default Anyone have suggestions for homemade cat food? Prefer brown or white rice?

I have an 18 year old cat thats in pretty good health. She's just finicky about what she eats and we've noticed she's eating less and less of the dry food. She has the occasional throw up, but that's been on going all the time. We also have 2 younger cats (1 and 2yrs) and they're pigs! The older one is always eating off our plates but I don't want to give her too much human food.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-02-2007   #2 (permalink)
Momo

I don't have an answer for you but this is a great question. With all the problems with fatal food from pet stores, this may help ease the fears of people who are wary of buying at the present time.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
HopingForHealth

I don't think that grains are a good choice for a cat. I am a medical research consultant and have doen research for a client on the healthiest diets for cats. Raw meats (no fish however) is best. Just make sure that you don't contaminate your kitchen with the microorganisms from handling raw meat - same precautions as if you were handling your own meat before cooking. Fawcett handles, sink, etc . Best thing to do it so have a box of disposable latex or vinyl gloves to handle the meat and the wrapper it is in and just throw it out. Try different raw meats cut up to see which the cat likes and give her time to get used to it. She will probably develop a taste for it. If you HAD to give her rice - white rice is USELESS - totally lacking in nutrition (only has calories). Brown rice still has the "germ" (the brown part with the nutrients) in it. When theymake white rice they take that part out and bleach it ! Nobody should eat white rice or any other "white" grain product.BTW, you can get parasites by letting animals eat off your plates if you eat off them after.

Unread 04-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
tomtay

I just made dog food for my dogs yesterday...I made it with white rice, spinach, carrots, garlic and hamburger. Just use the same ingredients, but replace the meat with chicken...My dogs love it and its good for them...Just boil everything together using 1 cup of rice to 2 cups water and add everything to that and boil till done.

Unread 04-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
parakeets_5

Dont give it anything with garlic or onion, because it is fatalTry giving it some cooked chicken or cooked fish, simple things because you dont know what will irritate your cat's stomache. Oh and make sure to check if the brand of cat food your buying is safe. Sound like the brand you are buying could be fatal since she is throwing up.

Tags
box , brown , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , cut , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , fish , food , great , health , hey , love , medical , nutrition , pet , present , problems , question , raw , suggestions , water

Sponsored Cat Links