It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
Erik C

Default Why does my cat like spicy food?

I catch her being particularly interested in the spicy food I eat and she doesn't seem bothered by it at all. I am wondering why this is as opposed to dogs, of whom I've seen experience discomfort when they get into something spicy.I don't actually feed my cat spicy food, but I have caught her licking the bowls of some spicy dish I just ate. Doesn't seem to bother her at all.Oh yeah and she's 17.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
firestarter

Cats are good with cat food. Obesity,liver problems, and picky eating can result when they are fed people food. Have a puurfect year.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
Prii_yaaa

ur cat has good taste

Unread 04-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
imtiaz c

Is that Indonesian or Indian Cat ? Or its forefathers ? Check the histoty and family backgound. very important.

Unread 04-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
ktterdfurguson@yahoo.com

Your cat may have a taste for spicy food, this does not mean it is good for the cat.My dog, though cat sized, will eat ANYTHING that you put infront of him(except lettuce and green beans?), then EXPLODES on the carpet with the trots when it doesn't agree with him!!!Their systems are so much smaller than ours, and shouldn't be eating people food anyway. They just can't handle the stuff that we eat! They may not show damage through their bowel movements, but it could still be damaging their system!You are better off feeding your pet a fine grade pet food.I LOVE my dog, and I LOVE to treat him, but rarely, and only when the food is mild!

Unread 04-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
Venice Girl

Cats aren't supposed to like hot, spicy, peppery food, that's a suggested trick to keep cats out of things, but my cat was the same. He loved that hot rooster sauce we put on food. He wouldn't leave us alone trying to beg for that stuff. Crazy cats!

Tags
bowel , carpet , cat , cat food , cats , crazy , dog , dogs , eating , family , food , hey , licking , love , obesity , pet food , problems

Sponsored Cat Links