It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
steina a

Default Has anyone heard that the dry cat food could be affected too?

We had to put Frankie down on Monday, I held him the whole time, it was the sadest day ever. Now my husband heard that the dry cat food could be affected too, has anyone else heard anything about that? This is so horrible. Steina

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
lily

I work for petco and as of yesterday when I left work there was no new info on the recall. It seemed to be only in the canned foods.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
angie c

no but please could anybody keep me posted on this matter i have a cat and she is pregnant so i been feeding her some dry food along with wet food,

Unread 04-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
wayfarstar

I'm so sorry about your devestating loss. At this time, no dry foods are associated with the recall. They are all related to cans manufactured by a supplier called Menu and the ingredient wheat gluten, which is used basically as a filler. I'm sure at this point all stores carrying the affected foods have removed them from their shelves. The higher quality foods that you find in better pet stores were mostly unaffected and can be fed to your pets...but call your pet store to feel more secure. Again...I am so sorry; how horrible and sad. I hope you honor Frankie with another pet to love when you're ready.

Unread 04-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
little_beth85

Oh my goodness, no! I hadn't heard that the dry food could be affected. Keep us posted, please! That's really upsetting. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Unread 04-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
Heather G

I just read an article recently that said that the company that supplied the wheat gluten to Menu food also supplied it for a brand of dry cat food. The FDA is looking into this situation, however, no other information is available. I would not be worried about it though. The reason for the deaths and sicknesses is still not completely figured out. Obviously just watch over your babies and take proper care of them.

Tags
babies , care , cat , cat food , dry , dry food , food , hey , loss , love , mat , pet , pregnant , sad , sick , upset , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links