It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2007   #1 (permalink)
nic h

Default Does your dog like cat food?

My lab has an obsession with my cat's food. He used to love his own food (Purina) and he would plow down anything in his way when he heard me pouring his bowl. Then he discovered my cat's food bowl. First we tried putting it up on a table, then one day I entered the room and the darn dog was on top of the table. (still have no idea how he got there) We have tried putting it up on a shelf, cuz the cat can jump up there. Somehow my dog has found a way to knock it off of there and eat it. He ignores his food bowl most of the day. When he does eat its just a bite here and there: whereas he used to slurp it all up in one sitting. Now every time the cat jumps up to her bowl, the dog just sits and stares up at her.Does your dog like cat food? Is this normal? Will the cat food hurt my dog because sometimes he swallows some before I get it all cleaned up?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-03-2007   #2 (permalink)
luis123

does your bird like dog food

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-03-2007   #3 (permalink)
pj l

my dogs dont like cat food and i have no clue if thats normal

Unread 04-03-2007   #4 (permalink)
Tammy R

Dogs love cat food but it's not good for them. It won't hurt him but there is just too much fat and things that will put weight on your dog with no nutritional value. I put my in a closet in the bathroom with a door open just far enough to let the cats in and not the dogs. Of course I have to put something to block the door. I used one of those chain locks like they use in motel rooms. Works great. The dogs don't even try to get in there any more. With your dogs food try a Kong type toy that you can put the food in and the dog will have to work for the food instead of inhaling it. That is a common lab trait, but it isn't good for the digestive system to eat that fast all at once.

Unread 04-03-2007   #5 (permalink)
Tiff

that's crazy! My dog did something similar with a squeeky toy he liked, so I understand!I think it's normal, My dog likes cat food a lot, but she also likes to eat cardboard, so hmmmmm... but she doesn't like people food.Sorry, I wish I had more advice for you, I just wanted to share that my dog is weird, too! Good Luck!

Unread 04-03-2007   #6 (permalink)
Sara H

Yes it is normal. All of our dogs do that as well as my grandparents dogs and just so you know, it will not hurt them unless they eat A WHOLE LOT

Unread 04-03-2007   #7 (permalink)
braslinbabe85

I don't think it will hurt him, but I don't think it should be his only intake. try putting some dinner scraps in with his food to get him excited about it again, or save some gravy and drizzle it on top.

Unread 04-03-2007   #8 (permalink)
Moma Dawg

I thought I was the only one that had dogs that like cat foodI had a dog for 17 years that would not dog food dry or can so we had to give him cat food too.he lived for 17 years so I guess it was ok for him.

Unread 04-03-2007   #9 (permalink)
Clammy S

HIMy pugs love cat food, I don't think IT is good for them because it has tauratine(SP) in it for cats so try and keep them out of it.Lammy

Unread 04-03-2007   #10 (permalink)
tom l

LOLAll dogs like cat food, but cat food is to high in protean for dogs and can cause problems. That is why they make dog food AND cat food.

Tags
adult , advice , allergies , bite , car , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , crazy , diarrhea , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , fast , fiber , food , found , great , hey , hurt , kitty , litterbox , love , mat , morning , obsession , pet , problems , save , stop , type , upset , vet , vomit , weight , weird , why? , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links