It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
The Lady Mermaid

Default Can anyone tell me if these dry cat food brands are produced my menu foods?

I know these items are not part of the recall, but I am starting to hear of pets dying from dry food. This includes my friend who was feeding her cat dry special kitty. The cat was fine when she left for work and she came home to find it dead on the floor. Please don't lecture me on the brands. This is what I have been feeding my cats before and since the recall. If menu foods produces them I am thinking of having them tested to avoid any chronic kidney problems later on from eating the stuff. Not to mention that I don not plan on purchasing any food item (recalled or not) produced by menu foods. I have no confidence in them or their products. The brands that I want to know about are Purina, Purina One, and Meow Mix dry food.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
S.A.H.M.

this is the only dry cat food I found that was recalled HILL'S RECALLS PRESCRIPTION DIET m/d DRY CAT FOOD. Other than that the rest were all wet food. Here is the site I went to that has all the brands that were recalled and updated information as to what is going on with the FDA and what the new chemical that could be causing the animals to die. Purina sent this to me via e-mail yesterday:ALPO® BRAND PRIME CUTS IN GRAVY CANNED DOG FOODVOLUNTARY NATIONWIDE RECALL No Dry Purina Products Involved March 31, 2007 On March 30, 2007, Nestlé Purina PetCare Company announced it is voluntarily recalling all sizes and varieties of its ALPO® Prime Cuts in Gravy wet dog food with specific date codes. The Company is taking this voluntary action after learning that wheat gluten containing melamine, a substance not approved for use in food, was provided to Purina by the same company that also supplied Menu Foods. The contamination occurred in a limited production quantity at only one of Purina's 17 pet food manufacturing facilities. Consumers should immediately stop feeding their dogs ALPO Prime Cuts products with the date codes listed below and consult with a veterinarian if they have any health concerns with their pet. The recalled 13.2-ounce and 22-ounce ALPO Prime Cuts cans and 6-, 8-, 12- and 24-can ALPO Prime Cuts Variety Packs have four-digit code dates of 7037 through 7053, followed by the plant code 1159. Those codes follow a "Best Before Feb. 2009" date. This information should be checked on the bottom of the can or the top or side of the multi-pack cartons. Importantly, no Purina brand dry pet foods are affected by the recall – including ALPO Prime Cuts dry. In addition, no other Purina dog food products, no Purina cat food products, Purina treat products or Purina Veterinary Diet products are included in this recall, nor have been impacted by the contaminated wheat gluten supply.At Purina, nothing is more important to us than the health and well-being of the pets whose nutrition has been entrusted to us by their owners, and we deeply regret this unfortunate situation. We will continue to take any and all actions necessary to ensure the quality and safety of our products.Please see our March 30 press release for more information and click here for an updated list of Frequently Asked Questions. If you have more questions or concerns, please contact our Office of Consumer Affairs at 1-800-218-5898.I hope that answers ur question.

www.howl911.com

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
addition , care , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , dying , eating , food , found , health , hey , home , kitty , meow , nutrition , pet food , problems , recalls , stop , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links