It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2007   #1 (permalink)
rosefox8

Default Which human foods are most harmful to cats?

My 7-month-old kitten will try to taste just about anything on my plate. I don't let her beg, but occasionally for a snack or treat, I will put tiny pieces of the food on a little plate on the floor for her. I have allowed her tiny pieces of foods like fruits, vegetables, unseasoned meat and chicken, and plain cooked fish. Last night, however, she jumped up to the table and snagged a piece of meatloaf, which was seasoned with garlic and cooked onion. I know that garlic and onion can cause severe anemia in cats. I am now trying to find out what other foods I should not let her get near.PS. Some people say it is bad to feed a cat human food, but as long as there is nothing that will hurt the cat, why not? It's no worse than badly processed commercial cat food. Meat and fish contain high amounts of much-needed protein for cats, anyway.In many other countries, cats do eat human quality foods. Cat food has only been commercially available for a few decades. Cats will often eat what people eat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-04-2007   #2 (permalink)
inuyasha_1969

junk food like chocolate bunnys.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-04-2007   #3 (permalink)
stellargoddess01

Are you feeding her enough protein? Does she get wet food as well as dry? I'd get a higher quality wet food for her as well as the dry - my cats have had the diet for years and are fine. She may just be a cat that likes people food. My Calico thinks she's a human and will even eat french fries if I let her. Looks like you already got a good list from people, but definitely keep her away from chocolate. Meat should be okay, but like you say, keep away from spices. My cats love tuna cooked on the grill.

Tags
cat food , cats , commercial , diet , dry , fish , food , hurt , kitten , love , night , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links