It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
gmzambon

Default Cat food...Wet vs. Dry?

I feed my cat wet and dry food every day. I get the Nutro Natural brand, which is a little expensive but healthier than most others brands. I give her about a quarter of a can in the morning and a quarter at night. I also make sure theres always dry food. I only give her a little bit of wet food so shes still hungry and has to eat some dry food. My vet is very much against wet food at all. I was wondering how other vets feel about it?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2007   #2 (permalink)
jeast517

cats love wet cat food

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2007   #3 (permalink)
Patricia S

I don't think the idea of wet food is the issue so much as the nutritional value of any food. One advantage of dry food is that it helps to clean your pet's teeth.

Unread 04-07-2007   #4 (permalink)
Terry L

personally, i don't give any of my five cats wet food. they don't really need it as long as you give them a good dry food because all the water they need they'll get from the drinking water. the wet food only causes them to have a much stinkier litter box trip if ya know what i mean...

Unread 04-07-2007   #5 (permalink)
freedom_fighter1989

cat loves wet food.. but on the negative side wet food can make your cat fat.. dry food is good.. but sometimes cat dislikes dry food.. i think they hate cereals.. hehe

Unread 04-07-2007   #6 (permalink)
Marissa

i always feed my cat dry food, but once a week wet food, by way dry is much easier to clean, and dosn't smell that bad.Hope this helps,Marissa Cooper

Tags
age , box , cat , cat food , cats , clean , dry , dry food , food , hey , litter , litter box , love , morning , natural , night , pet , smell , vet , water , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links