It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
Brooke G

Default What is the best food for a mother cat that is nursing?

We've been feeding her Purina Kitten Chow, because not only is she a new Mama, but she is also a fairly young cat...What is best though? We also give her canned Tuna fish occassionally.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2007   #2 (permalink)
Chi_Mom

I would go with Evangers or Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance because they aren't on the recall list and both companies manufacture their own foods on their own premises and they don't outsource with any companies that purchase wheat gluten or other ingredients from China. That ensures the most safety for your cat and her kittens.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2007   #3 (permalink)
Gringa_uno

Seems you are doing right, I also have a nursing Mama cat,,, And I was adviced by a Vet to give her Purina Kitten chow,,, Also once a day I giver her a can of Fancy Feast flavored cat food..

Unread 04-07-2007   #4 (permalink)
clowmy

Hi Brooke, A Kitten dry food is great for a mommy to be. She needs all the extras in kitten dry. Go to Petsmart and ask them they will point you to the right food for her. Congrats a little early. A Friend. Clowmy

Unread 04-07-2007   #5 (permalink)
carebearny1999

Any kind of kitten food, and feed her as much as she'll eat of it...

Tags
cat , cat food , dry , dry food , fish , food , great , hey , kitten , kitten food , kittens , natural , petsmart , smart , vet

Sponsored Cat Links