It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
Liongirl

Default What cat foods do you prefer?

I currently feed my cats Friskies. Should i go back to Science Diet. My vet recomends Science Diet. What do you think? Should i go back to Science Diet or stick with Friskies?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-07-2007   #2 (permalink)
Sunidaze

I actually feed mine IAMS - the one for indoor cats to prevent hairballs (she's a long haired tortie).

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-07-2007   #3 (permalink)
adidaschyq2

It's completely up to you. I have found that my cat loves the cheaper indoor cat formula than he would any other choice. I think feeding in moderation helps keep the cat trim no matter what brand of cat food.

Unread 04-07-2007   #4 (permalink)
rmfly

I think I'll stay with 9-lives for now. It's one of the few that hasn't shown up on the recall list.

Unread 04-08-2007   #5 (permalink)
earthgurrl

I don't feed my cats anything with by-products or chemical preservatives. (BHA, BHT or ethyoquoxin) I personally like Felidae, or Pet Promise. If you are interested in finding out what really goes into Pet Food do a search on Google or something. But be prepared. I was disgusted and horrified to find out that by- products means things like tongues, brains, spinal cords, slaughterhouse scraps from dead, diseased and dying animals and often contains roadkill and euthanized cats and dogs. Unfortunately, Friskies has these ingredients. Iams, and Science Diet may be thought of as high quality but it's just marketing - they have these ingredients as well. Do yourself and your cats a favor and research a new brand that you feel comfortable with - at least something that doesn't contain by-products. Natural Life ( you can get it at WalMart) has a reputation for having good quality and good over-site at a reasonable price

Unread 04-08-2007   #6 (permalink)
pat m

non, make your own, feed it scraps. the cat food is killing your cat.

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , diet , dogs , dying , food , found , hey , indoor , mat , natural , pet , pet food , search , vet

Sponsored Cat Links