It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-08-2007   #1 (permalink)
Kitty07

Default Need help finding best cat food?

My cat is 5 yrs old, indoor and overweight with recent joint problem. I need some suggestion on good quality food, both dry and canned, regardless of the price. Thanks.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-08-2007   #2 (permalink)
ashleyD

scince diet.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-08-2007   #3 (permalink)
Madison P

hi! i use purina fancy feat for dry food and gormet delite' for the wet food for my cat. She is very healthy but is an idoors cat. The dry food cost around $4 for 250 grams and the wet food cost about 80 for 100 grams i think. Hope this helps

Unread 04-08-2007   #4 (permalink)
Lisa R

I feed all of our Pets IAMS Dog and Cat foods. It's highlyrecommended by our Vet and doesn't have all the fillers and other garbage that a lot of companys add to their foods.

Unread 04-08-2007   #5 (permalink)
monadean

the best cat food to get is Purina Cat Chow or Science diet.

Unread 04-08-2007   #6 (permalink)
rbellew1@sbcglobal.net

A good all natural cat food (both dry and canned) is Felidae. You will pay a little more, but it's better for your cat as he will more likely absorb the nutrients in this food, eat less and pooh less. They carry formulas for both young and older cats and it does help if your pet is over weight. The same company also carries Canidae for dogs. Check with your local feed store. If they don't carry it you can request they order it. By the way, neither Canidae nor Felidae are being recalled as they are both safe products for your pets. Check out the ingredients for cat and kitten: All Natural Ingredients. Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Chicken Fat, (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Eggs, Flax Seed Meal, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Linoleic Acid, Amaranth, DL Methionine, Taurine, Kelp, Cranberries, Apples, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.Benefits: Human Grade – Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Herring 10 Skin & Coat Conditioners Balanced Omega 6 & 3 Fatty Acids Guaranteed Enzyme Activity Cranberries for Urinary Tract Health Essential Taurine Promotes Vision, Cardiac and Reproductive Health Antioxidant Vitamins and Amino Acid Chelated Minerals Low Ash and Magnesium Ingredients in the Plantium formula for older cats: All Natural Ingredients. Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat, (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Herring Meal, Eggs, Flax Seed Meal, Psyllium Husk, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, (Preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Chicken, Kelp, Potassium Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Amaranth, DL Methionine, Taurine, Lecithin, Cranberries, Apples, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Fructooligosaccharide (FOS), Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A supplement, D-Activated Animal Sterol (Vitamin D3), Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), L – Carnitine, Riboflavin (source of B2), Niacin, Choline Chloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Thiamin Mononitrate(Vitamin B1), Beta Carotene, D - Biotin, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Pineapple, Vitamin B12 supplement.Benefits: Human Grade – Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Herring All Natural Ingredients plus Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics Guaranteed Enzyme Activity Antioxidant Vitamins and Amino Acid Chelated Minerals 10 Skin & Coat Conditioners with Balanced Omega 6 & 3 Fatty Acids Essential Taurine Benefits Vision, Cardiac and Reproductive Systems Cranberries for Urinary Tract Health Low Ash and Magnesium

Check them out at: http://www.ca

Unread 04-08-2007   #7 (permalink)
understands!!

i give my three cats.. nothing but purina.. trust it with everything.. wouldn't give them anything but.. its high grade food that doesn't put a hole in my pocket... plus they have a vast array of types for different cats.. they have an indoor formula that i frequent.. but if your cat is a bit older and is having joint problems.. try vitality 7+... a blend for older cats.. whether or not you change to purina.. make the change of brands slowly.. mix the different brands together... cat tummy's are sensative.. make the transition an easy one... hope that helps.. =)

www.catchow.com

Unread 04-08-2007   #8 (permalink)
Mik T

I'm feednig a Pinnacle food to my cat. It's holistic and has very healthy ingrediences. Here it is: http://www.breeders-choice.com/cat_p...nnacle_dry.htm

Unread 04-08-2007   #9 (permalink)
kymm r

buy some dried food for senior cats chicken is better for joint problems, and canned food get some with cheese and vegetables instead of fish and beef which is high in fats and will contribute to weight gain. cut down on the canned food give more dried food with plenty of water. suggested dried food is 1/2 cup if cat is 4.5 kilos or 1 cup for 5-6 kilos. try dried food for 2 days then one day of canned food. some cats go well with this others take a few days to get used to, hope this helps you out.

Tags
animal , breeders , brown , canned food , cat , cat food , cats , cut , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , fish , food , health , healthy , hey , indoor , kitten , natural , overweight , pet , problem , problems , senior , transition , tribute , turkey , vet , water , weight , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links