It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
le la

Default pls help my cat!iFOUND black stuff in mt cats WELLNESS CANNED CHICKEN

FOOD!what is it? poison or ingedient?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
Super Girl

lately, they've been having recalls on tons of brands of pet food. Look up on the internet, and see if your cat's food is on the list.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-09-2007   #3 (permalink)
rescue mom

You should stop feeding that type of food if there is a concern in your mind and check for all the recalls on the computer. It may just be a discoloring but why chance it!

Unread 04-09-2007   #4 (permalink)
curlyk2002

When in doubt, throw it out. Don't take a chance with your 'family'. Especially now, with all the pet food problems. You could make your own, or just buy cans of tuna or flaked chicken or turkey....that would be much safer and your cat will *love* the 'treat'.

Unread 04-09-2007   #5 (permalink)
_**laura**_

go on the internet..and look it up...there you will get the proper answers..if not...return it to wear you bought it...and demand to know what it is....or go to your vets...with the cat food...and question what it is...good luck...i hope it all goes okjust don't give your cat any of it..if it contains something you don't know what it is...you never know unless you attually go and find out !make sure your 100% before you give it to your cat !!.....

Unread 04-09-2007   #6 (permalink)
rah

It depends. Have you ever fed them this brand and flavor before and it looks differently then it usually does? I know that Wellness puts a lot of fruits and vegetables in their cat food and if you open a can of their food and expect it to all be one color you will be surprised. You will find flakes of carrots, blueberries, cranberries, etc.However if the black parts look rotten or if it looks different then the way that particular food usually looks to you then I would throw it away.I know that Wellness does not use wheat gluten and they are not part of the pet food recall.I hope this helps.

Tags
black , cat , cat food , cat's , cats , color , computer , family , food , hey , internet , love , pet , pet food , poison , problems , question , recalls , stop , turkey , type

Sponsored Cat Links