It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2007   #1 (permalink)
witmysterywriter

Default cat food scare: corn gluton vs. wheat gluton?

I feed my 13 yr-old and 5 yr-old cats Science Diet Indoor Cat Senior dry food. One of the ingredients is Corn Gluton... but there is no wheat gluton. Does anyone know if corn gluton is dangerous in this scare? I've tried feeding them "Newman's Own" organic food for seniors but they won't eat it. Thank you.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-09-2007   #2 (permalink)
The Vet Tech

as of right now corn gluten is not a part of this scare. if your uncomfortable with science diet seeing as how some of it other products have been recalled. try blue buffalo. it has no affliation with menu foods. neither does wellness or chicken soup.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-09-2007   #3 (permalink)
joey k

The problem is with wheat glutten. They'll eat Newman's Own if that's all you give them. Human beings are the only animal dumb enough to starve when there is food right in front of their face. They're just being picky.

Unread 04-09-2007   #4 (permalink)
Em W.

it was only wheat gluton and only foods manufactored at the MENU FOODS plant. I recieve updates on the issue from Iams all the time, and they insure that all dry food is safe.Good luck with the fuzzies! 13yrs wow thats wonderful!

Unread 04-09-2007   #5 (permalink)
memere

You don't have to worry about corn gluten. It is just a fancy word for corn starch. It's used to thicken food. The wheat gluten comes from China and they found ingredients like chemicals to make plastics and rat poison. The US stopped using China's wheat gluten

Unread 04-09-2007   #6 (permalink)
silentone212

I would be moderately concerned about the corn gluton because its not the wheat..its what was on the wheat..a poison found only in China. But since the foods are all contained in the same factory, it could easily become contaminated.Plus I've been hearing from some animal groups that they are looking at other possibilities like overdose of Vit D which would cause the same symptoms. Until its fully investigated, I would be cautious.

Tags
animal , cat , cat food , cats , diet , dry , dry food , food , found , hey , indoor , poison , problem , senior , uncomfortable , won't eat , worry

Sponsored Cat Links