It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-11-2007   #1 (permalink)
horse_maiden19

Default My dog likes my cats' food better than her own?

I don't want to give my dog cats food because that prob. wouldn't be enough nutrients that she needs. I've tried around w/ different dog foods

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-11-2007   #2 (permalink)
Heidi L

Dogs like cat food because its sweet. I would suggest putting the cat food up so the dog will be forced to eat its own food. Might take a while but your dog will get hungry enough and will eat its own food

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-11-2007   #3 (permalink)
merlinandmeimei

Dogs usually LOVE cat foods because they are generally better in quality, have better meat protein, in them and contact more yummy ingredients to make them palatable.... BUT cat foods are far too rich for dogs to eat and shouldn't be made available to them.The fat and protein content is far too high and could result in an allergic reaction in your dog , (such as hot spots).Sorry.. not cat food for poochie!MM

Unread 04-11-2007   #4 (permalink)
chihuahua lady

Keep the cat food out of reach of the dog, or feed the cat in another room and pick it up after kitty is done eating.

Unread 04-11-2007   #5 (permalink)
xoxoangel013

they sell... like sauce you can put on dog food to make them like it better.. i have seen it at petsmart and walmart i think

Unread 04-11-2007   #6 (permalink)
chickens go cluck

its fine, we've got 2 cats and a dog, and we only feed her cat food

Unread 04-11-2007   #7 (permalink)
fushia

*cat food is better than dog food and will be better for your dog.a vet once advised my sister to feed cat food not dog food. to her dog,however my dog use to prefer cat food but now i cook her food myself.

Unread 04-11-2007   #8 (permalink)
Sabrina W

Just try to mix the cat food with the dog food so he / she would not know the difference.

Unread 04-11-2007   #9 (permalink)
noms

your dog is a cat wanna be!!!!

Unread 04-12-2007   #10 (permalink)
almondsarenuts

most dogs prefer cat food. Its also very high in protein which will cause problems in your dog later on so you are right its not good for her. Solution, put the cat food where she can't get it. Up on a table, somewhere special only the cat can get to. Or feed at certain times. Cats get into routine, and will eat what they need. Leaving food out all the time in unnecessary. I have raccoons in my area, so i only fill their food dish in the morning after the raiding marauders have gone away. Some people fee the cats in the house in the laundry room.As for the dog, she will get the idea of eating when she is hungry. make sure quality food. you can even put something desirable on it, like meat baby food, or juice from something you've cooked, like chicken broth etc. No bacon, grease or heave fat. Put her food out for 20 minutes, if she doesn't eat it, take it away and wait for the next meal time. No snacks in between. Good Luck.

Tags
allergic , baby , cat , cat food , cats , dog , dogs , dry , eating , food , hey , house , kitty , love , morning , petsmart , problems , smart , vet

Sponsored Cat Links