It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-12-2007   #1 (permalink)
joaquinphoenixangl

Default is it okay to feed a cat dog food?

i ran out of cat food earlier and have nothing else to feed him, is it okay to give him a little dog food until i can get him more cat food?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-12-2007   #2 (permalink)
Animal Whizzerd

Yeah, perfectly fine, just don't make a habit of it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-12-2007   #3 (permalink)
Salliee

It depends what kind....your cat might get a slight tummy ache...but other than that I believe it's fine.

Unread 04-12-2007   #4 (permalink)
beth j

i don't see nothing wrong with it.

Unread 04-12-2007   #5 (permalink)
jacky

Of course not. It's like giving dog cat food; it's not good for their health. Just go buy more cat food. It's for the best.

Unread 04-12-2007   #6 (permalink)
Karen W

In an emergency possibly; however cats require more protein in their diet.Also feeding them dog food on a regular basis may lead to urinary tract problems, esp in males.Do you have a can of tuna handy? He would love you for THAT!!!

Unread 04-13-2007   #7 (permalink)
Christina S

I was told that not to because it bad for them!

Unread 04-13-2007   #8 (permalink)
Classy Granny

As long as it's only for a day. There is not enough protein in dog for for a cat to eat everyday.

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , diet , dog , food , health , love , problems

Sponsored Cat Links