It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-13-2007   #1 (permalink)
aquilacastle

Default i found worms on my cats food and water mat?

I was cleaning their mat and noticed alot of worms - little white ones- i found out they had worms a while back and have been treating them but they just won't go away. I've also found many scabs or things that look like scabs, what could they be? I have seen 4 huge cats around my neighborhood maybe they got in a fight but these dont look like fight marks they look like something might be happening internally? Please help me figure this out?????

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-13-2007   #2 (permalink)
lizzie692

My advise is to take him to a vet. ive never seen scabs on my cats but those white worms i have seen. it does seem like they never go away. just keep treating him for it and ask your vet for more info. Hope your cat gets well soon!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-13-2007   #3 (permalink)
Cher

These worms only around the food and mat? none in the cats litter box? none on the fur around the anus?Probably maggots from flies.On the fur, in the feces... see the vet they've got intestinal worms and treating the problem is easy if you catch it early.

Unread 04-13-2007   #4 (permalink)
tina_meyow

If they look something like white rice, then you have maggots....

Unread 04-13-2007   #5 (permalink)
Cari B

I suggest you take them to the vet! And keep them indoors! I always keep my cats indoors and helps them from getting worms and fleas and other parasite! The scabs could be because if they are out doors then they could be fighting with other cats yet, another reason to keep your cats indoors. But definitely take them to the vet and as about the scabs!!

Unread 04-13-2007   #6 (permalink)
xxlilrockrgurlxx

my cat just had that same problem....if the worms are small and look like little pieces of rice then your cat has tapeworms. it happens when ur cat eats a flea that had the tapeworm virus....its a really weird process(check out this website) but anywho take ur cat to the vet and they will be able to give him a shot and it should clear up right away. the only thing is that then u need to treat his fleas and make sure to get rid of the fleas in order for the tape worm to not come back

www.hartz.com

Tags
animal , box , cat , cats , cleaning , fight , fighting , fleas , food , found , fur , hey , litter , litter box , mat , problem , small , vet , water , weird

Sponsored Cat Links