It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
andrea_kellyie

Default Sick Cat - 1 year old and off his food. Injured claw also?

Noticed my cat (1yr old) had a cut on one of his claws. Went to touch it to check out and he hissed and scrabbed me. He is now off his food and can not mieow properly. Any ideas what can be wrong? Not to mention he is a tom and so is his father whom I also own along with his mother and brother.Thanks for the smart comments but seriously worried about him tonight. Live in a rural area so no vet available. Would welcome meantime suggestions!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-14-2007   #2 (permalink)
lucifer_sam_48

you need to chew his food for him then regurgitate it into his mouth.....then as his feeling bad you should lick his @ss for him, but only if you really love him..

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-14-2007   #3 (permalink)
sarch_uk

I can never understand why people post questions on here about injured animals...no one here can examine your pet so therefore no one here is qualified to answer correctly...your cat needs to go to the vets for a proper examination and diagnosis, and to be given the appropriate treatment...Ring the PDSA, the RSPCA or a vet...they will always offer advice if you are that concerned...

Unread 04-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
tmrvt

Is he vaccinated?? Infectious disease is possbile if he is not. Likely he has been out fighting and that is how he got the injury. Along with the injury, he could have a fever, which will cause a cat to not eat, hide or be agitated. As soon as you can get him to a vet, he needs to be tested for leukemia/FIV. That is a very simple and cheap blood test. If he does not improve, you really need to just drive the distance and get him to a vet. Otherwise, no one can tell you what may happen or how sick he really is. In the meantime, keep him INSIDE. Keep food an water available in case he wants it later. Check your phone book for the closest emergency vet.

Unread 04-14-2007   #5 (permalink)
feebee

The foot might be infected , and if left untreated could be very serious. My cat ripped one of her claws out, luckily we noticed it quickly, the vet said that if we had not given her antibiotics she may have ended up having to have her toe amputated. If the toe with the damaged claw is infected then the cat may be off her food and have a temperature. You should really get it to a vet.

Tags
advice , antibiotics , book , cat , cat needs , claws , cut , fever , fighting , fiv , food , hey , love , pet , sick , smart , suggestions , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links