It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Health & Nutrition
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
popstar.4eva

Default can an 8week old puppy eat cat biscuits as he seems to like them better than his

complete food thanks?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-14-2007   #2 (permalink)
sweetlilperson

yes my dog eats cat biscuits

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-14-2007   #3 (permalink)
william l

yes they will eat kitten food too

Unread 04-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
answer man

It won't hurt him but he will not get the special nutrition he needs from them. Try switching up with his biscuits.

Unread 04-14-2007   #5 (permalink)
st. nino

not a good idea, why don't you give your "VET" a ring and ask him what you can do!!! that way you get peace of mind!!whatmore your " vet" will thank you for checking up on that " caper" p.s. my dog eats, ANYTHING with garlic, chilli of any strenght!! you name it, it loves it and my own "vet" was flat on the floor laughing, because i took some chilli peppers, with me and showed what my dog did with them. "ate them as if it was a great delicacy!! labrador/cattledog +

Unread 04-14-2007   #6 (permalink)
stablesgirl19

yes but I would try to get him on puppy food because the nutrition is very different...but the cat stuff is fine.

Unread 04-14-2007   #7 (permalink)
pugs333

because his young he needs alot of nutrion, he can eat thm but try to keep thm to a minimal, and diffently dont replace cat biscuits with his food, try put puppy food infrount of him and once he eats it give him a cat biscuits and thn try to wean him off it and mayb bye dog biscuits instead.

Unread 04-14-2007   #8 (permalink)
webb72000

puppy's need all the right vitamins and things like this to help them develop good strong bones and joints a good quality dry puppy food will have this.you can soke this for some time to make if softer and easier for the pup to take.i would say buy the best you can afford and do every thing you can to keep the pup on the same brand.and speck to you vet is the best advice i could give.

Unread 04-14-2007   #9 (permalink)
misty_luvs_matty_b

instead of just eating the biscuits mix them with soft dog food and he might eat it but if u just give him the cat biscuits he wont get all the nutrition he needs

Unread 04-14-2007   #10 (permalink)
Heavenly20

No it's not adviceable,cats food is higher in protein and fats then dog food,and for a 8week old pup it's sure to cause dirarear and other tummy problems.People think that because there puppy wont eat there own food,that they should try anything possible to make it eat.By giving your pup different diets your causing him to be fussy and also create certain behaviour problems.Stick to a good complete puppy food such as purina,royal canin,eukanuba etc your pup will eat when he's ready and theres nothing to worry about.

Tags
advice , behaviour , cat , cat food , cat products , cats , dog , dogs , dry , eating , fish , fish food , food , great , healthy , hey , hurt , kitten , nutrition , problems , puppy , royal , turkey , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links