It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2007   #1 (permalink)
animal_mother

Default Making my own dog and cat food?

In light of the recent pet food recalls, I'm beginning to get leary of just how safe any of it is for my cats and dog. I'm not opposed to cooking them real food for their meals, but I have no idea what to make, how much to feed, and if they would be getting all the required vitamins & nutrients. I don't want to fatten them up either. Anyone have any easy recipes for cats and a Golden Retriever??

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-14-2007   #2 (permalink)
Diet Soylent Green

When I used to live in the country in Peru, we'd just feed our dogs multi-grain breads soaked in milk for breakfast and raw meat for supper. I figure that was pretty good for them, they grew up healthy and strong.I fed my cat commercial cat foods, though. Good luck with your search! I'm scared of those commercial pet foods too now!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-14-2007   #3 (permalink)
Benjamin H

for the g.r. ground beef and white rice is a recipe we usta use at the farm i lived on. they'd put some herbs and stuff into the food but i don't remember what they were. we'd feed the dogs once per day, more like what they'd likely eat in the wild. good luck!

Unread 04-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
Lilly

Hi my name is Lisa Anderson I have been feeding my pets a natural diet for 12 years please email me directly for more info.lisa@blackbeautykennels.com

Tags
cat , cat food , cats , commercial , diet , dog , dogs , food , healthy , hey , natural , pet , pet food , raw , recalls , scared , search , wild

Sponsored Cat Links