It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
Amanda R

Default What food is SAFE to feed my cats/dog??

Please people, I have 2 cats and 1 dog and I love them to death..and every other day there's a new list of recalled food.Please share any home recipes. Right now they are eating wellness but I read that they are manufactured by menu foods...just GREAT!!!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-15-2007   #2 (permalink)
brwn97eyes

I think Iams dry food is safe-they aren't made by any of the companies that have had problems. I understand how you feel, though. I have two pets and have been nervous about buying new food once I run out.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-16-2007   #3 (permalink)
dallygirl89

I know how you feel; I have 3 dogs and numerous barn cats.(and horses...lol) Here's a great link with the latest info:http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3014675 or you can also call 1-866-895-2708 for more information. I use Science Diet from the vet, so we're pretty safe, I hope. Another link:http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...et-usat_N.htm. Natural and organic feeds. Stay well!

Unread 04-16-2007   #4 (permalink)
Trina B

I've been feeding my cats homemade food until this whole tainted pet food scare is settled. I've been told to NEVER give them pork, onion (toxic to cats and dogs), or any starchy vegetable like peas or corn (although I looked at an ingredient list on a high quality organic cat kibble box and it listed potato) My cats really like sardines (with juice) pureed with an egg yolk and steamed carrots, green beans & potato. Looks disgusting but they enjoy it. I'm also giving them salmon with mashed up bones and chicken meat, hearts, liver and other parts with a tiny bit of cooked brown rice. I'm looking into vitamin suppliments and am getting mixed messages on websites as to whether vegetables and grains are necessary in a cat's diet - Or whether raw is better than cooked meat.

Tags
box , brown , cat's , cats , diet , dog , dogs , dry , dry food , eating , egg , food , great , hey , home , joy , love , money , natural , nervous , pet , pet food , problems , raw , story , vet

Sponsored Cat Links