It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2007   #1 (permalink)
Someone

Default What is the healthiest food brand for my cat?

I usually buy Nutro or Science Diet for him. hes 1 year and about 2 weeks now, i dunno his real brithday, when i got him he was 4 months.I also sometimes (3 times a week about) feed him canned food.But I don't want my can to be unhealthy. What is the healthiest brand(dry food an wet)?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-16-2007   #2 (permalink)
Paul O

Try White Cheddar Cheez-Its or Twizzlers. My cat Geri loves those.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-16-2007   #3 (permalink)
Paula D

depends on whre u live. if u have pet store that sells, "Promise" i suggest that. or if u cant find that, i suggest Chicken soup for the cat soul. read the ingredients, it starts with chicken and not rice or wheat gluten ( the bad stuff from china causing kidney prob's and they die) other than that, i have been feeding my cats, "kitten ka'boodle", dry food. if they like the canned food, try cooking up some beef or chicken liver, they'll love u for it !! cook it well. with the juices.

Unread 04-16-2007   #4 (permalink)
bkelstrup

If he has no problems eating Nutro or Science Diet then keep feeding him that. Other good choices for dry food are Purina products (One, Naturals, or Pro-Plan), Meow Mix, Friskies, Iams or Fancy Feast. It depends on how much you're willing to pay. As for wet food--same thing applies-how much are you willing to spend. Some that my two furballs really like and eat up are Purina Pro-Plan, Fancy Feast, and Friskies. (They each get a half-can a day, and finish it with no problem.) My best recommendation on wet food is--get the small cans (3 oz) in different styles/textures (loaf, shredded, flaked, etc) and feed him a different one each time. See what he eats the best and stick with that type.If your cat is a mostly indoor cat, then look for the bags listed as "indoor formula" and also get him crunchy kitty-treats for tarter control and hairball control (Whiska's Temptations and Whisker Lickin's are good ones to try).My two critters don't like Science Diet or Nutra-Max and I've never given them Nutro brand.

Tags
canned food , cat , cats , diet , dry , dry food , eating , food , healthy , hey , indoor , kitten , kitty , love , meow , pet , problems , small , type , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links