It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
animallover

Default is it ok to feed my dogs just dry cat food since they dont like dog food?

is it ok to feed my dogs just dry cat food since they dont like dog food?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-17-2007   #2 (permalink)
?4u

my dog likes to eat cat food too but it gives him terrible gas.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2007   #3 (permalink)
mstng

I do not know if it is healthy or not for them but my chihuahua always used to eat cat food that we bought for him. For some reason he finally learned to like dog food. Don't get too worried. Leave dog food out dogs get hungry and if there is food and they are hungry enough they'll eat!

Unread 04-17-2007   #4 (permalink)
Tee

no its not ok. cat food is formulated for cats, dog food is for dogs. (although with the recent food scares none of it is safe). Cat food can upset your dogs stomach, make him puke and have the craps.

Unread 04-17-2007   #5 (permalink)
Mystic

noooo........cat food is made for cats and it doesn't contain the nutrients or balance that your dogs need in their diet. If you continue to allow them cat food instead of dog food you will find they have many more problems in their senior years than they will if you put them on a healthy canine diet........

Unread 04-17-2007   #6 (permalink)
ChrissyLicious

not really no. if its a small amount try mixing it with the puppy food and weening the dog off the cat food or buy a better dog food. You should try the Indoor little bites for dogs- my dog likes them. Another one you might consider is gravy train you just add a little water and most dogs will enjoy it.

Unread 04-17-2007   #7 (permalink)
okstatecowboy

No. Cats and Dogs have different nutritional needs and PH balance in their foods. Trust me get a good dry dog food and they'll get hungry enough to switch over, and omit any human food as well as it's bad for their digestive tract/system.

Unread 04-17-2007   #8 (permalink)
Robnae4

no! while you can probably get away with it for a little while it is not good long term. like many people have said....dog food is specially made for dogs. Try adding some dog food to the cat food and then slowly keep adding more and more dog food till you have only a little or no cat food!

Unread 04-17-2007   #9 (permalink)
ANGELA R

No it dosen't have the proper nutrition for dogs. I know that right now with all the recalls choices are limited, but you need to find a dry dog food they like. Any dog will eat dry cat food faster than thier own food because it must taste better or something to them but its not enough and I think I heard it will cause diarrhea to. If they honestly will not eat any dry dog food then try them on wet dog food or mix wet and dry together to increase the nutritional value and taste better to them.

Unread 04-17-2007   #10 (permalink)
doofynic

The cat food may not provide your dogs with all their nutritional needs, talk to your vets and ask for some other alternative.

Tags
bites , car , cat , cat food , cats , diarrhea , diet , dog , dogs , dry , food , healthy , hey , indoor , joy , love , mat , nutrition , pet , poo , problem , problems , puppy , recalls , senior , small , upset , water

Sponsored Cat Links