It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2007   #1 (permalink)
virgo_thang_694

Default What foods are off limits to cats?

Like things that could kill them or make them sick.I don't want to give my cat something as a treat and regret it.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-17-2007   #2 (permalink)
wickedwayz

Onions, Garlic, & Related Root Vegetables, Tomatoes, Green (raw Potatoes), Chocolate, Grapes and Raisins can be fatal to a cat. Milk can have adverse effects also.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2007   #3 (permalink)
Nunoyvgvna Awi

1. Chocolate of any type2. Any human food, stick to cat food, cat snacks, cat treats.Human foods have chemicals, sugars and salts that are bad for cats. They have a hard time digesting such items and it can lead to cancer.

Unread 04-17-2007   #4 (permalink)
Morganna

Grapes, raisins, prunes and the sort. They cause renal failure. No chocolate either, just like dogs, they can't digest it. Also, never give them too much milk, it can give them stomache problems.

Unread 04-17-2007   #5 (permalink)
Johnny Knoxville

Hmmm... no let's see. How about gold fish, house birds, my ham sandwich, my tuna salad, and my butterfinger bar. I think that should just about cover it. - JKOh and P.S.Could you tell me why cats love licking their as-ses and then they lick you in the mouth??? Is that a sexual thing with them??? - JK

Unread 04-17-2007   #6 (permalink)
Lime&Orange

Make sure to watch for those recalled products.. my cat just died from poisoned cat food! I'm so sad (((

www.menufoods.com

Unread 04-17-2007   #7 (permalink)
Deb H

Stick to healthy food - if you serve her lots of different, quality cat food then she doesn't really need "treats" too. Mine love fresh chicken or fish now and then when I want to spoil them.If you do want to by a commercially made treat then get it recommended by your vet. (Tinned tuna is a no-no - too much salt for them to process apparently.) Don't be guided by what they will eat and seem to enjoy - I have caught my greedy girl cat scoffing cake...aaa!Enjoy your furry friend!

Unread 04-17-2007   #8 (permalink)
bzpple

Basically, most of the human food is unsuitable for them. Stick to cat food, or look up specially formulated recipes to cook for them. As a treat, we used to give our cat cooked prawns (once a week) which he simply adored; we just boiled the prawns, never adding any seasoning. Also, take note of the plants you have in your house/garden, you don't want them to be poisoned.

Tags
birds , cat , cat food , cats , dogs , fish , food , girl , healthy , hey , house , joy , licking , love , problems , raw , sad , sick , type , vet

Sponsored Cat Links